Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward released!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Ward says he plans to play somewhere in 2012 . no one will sign TO SO WHAT MAKES WARD THINK ANYONE WILL OFFER HIM A DEAL MAYBE THE COLTS.Thank you Hines for all the memories a class act all the way

My Mood
    Manic
    yes the master plan is coming together wallace leaves to the jets any we draft poe with that pick then take Hightower at 24 enroute to the super bowl muhahahahaahaha!!!!!!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I know logically this had to happen. But like everyone else is saying, it doesn't feel good at all. I hope Hines retires and doesn't go and embarrass himself.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    yes the master plan is coming together wallace leaves to the jets any we draft poe with that pick then take Hightower at 24 enroute to the super bowl muhahahahaahaha!!!!!!

Are you drinking? With that offensive line????? Really???? Even if we got Poe, the next pick would have to address the O-line. And the pick after that too. We can forget ANY super bowl dreams until we get that offensive line fixed!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    hines! i love ya man! you will always be one of the greatest steelers ever. you played football the way it should be played...the steeler way!

it sucks that the end is finally here but it is, what it is. i wish he would have retired but if he wants to play, he wants to play. it's just not going to be here anymore.

THANK YOU HINES!!!!! A MILLION THANK YOUS FROM STEELER NATION!!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I will say unless Hines has a change of heart now that the reality is setting in for him; it will suck seeing him in another uniform next year.

This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end. I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago. I want to thank the organization, my teammates and coaches and everyone who made my run as a Steeler the best years of my life. To Mr. Rooney, thank you for allowing me to play for one of the greatest organizations in the world. To my fans and in particular, Steeler Nation, thank you for your support and all the great memories. I gave my heart and soul for you every down and I will always bleed black and gold. I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season. - HINES

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 02-29-2012 at 07:42 PM.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Saw it coming for sure but still taken back just a bit by it. I've had the pleasure of watching Ward his entire NFL career and at Georgia. Who would have thought the 3rd round pick would turn out to be the great Steelers receiver of all time.

Hats off to the man, you'll be missed in the burgh...

Draft Pick
    Thanks Hines! Best of luck in whatever you decide. A true Steeler through and through.

Certainly one of the top 10 greatest Steelers and probably a top 5 favorite of most Steeler fans. thanks for all the great times. You'll never be forgotten.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

It sucks, but it was time. Thanks Hines for everything you contributed to Steeler Nation over the last 14 years. We love ya man!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information