Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 Team Needs

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 Team Needs

Last year the Steelers went 12-4, but were eliminated in the Wildcard round by the Denver Broncos. So now the question is what moves should they make in Free Agency and the NFL Draft. Here is a article discussing this topic http://www.draftnasty.com/football/a...12-team-needs/ enjoy.

My Mood
    Manic
    The obvious answer is O-line left tackle and guards to be specific.but a closer look shows other needs .We could use a WR with the departure of Hines Ward and Arnez Battle one option would be Brian Quick 6'4" 220 runs a 4.5 40 2012 stats 42 rec 741 yds (17.6) yd avg and 7 td's. He will be availible in the 4th or 5th round.Many feel we should add a safety and possibly another corner.It is my opinion that we should take a ILB to replace Farrior in the 1st rd and an O-Linemen in the second and at least one more pick on the line . It gets interesting if Wallace leaves then we can load up cause we get 2 compensotory picks from guys that left last year so potentially could have 10 picks 2 1's 2-6 and 3 7's nice

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    1. OL (guard priority)

Where it Stands Today:
    LT - Gilbert
    LG - Foster/Essex/Legs
    OC - Pouncy
    RG - Foster/Essex/Legs
    RT - Colon

Im very anti-Legs, Essex is better served as swing man. Big ?'s about Colon.

2. ILB
    3. OT
    4. CB
    5. NT

After that:
    K, OLB, S and TE. Wouldn't mind an actual FB at some point, lol.

Draft... throw around all the names you want... but BPA it will be
    Last edited by Zachintosh66; 03-04-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    The obvious answer is O-line left tackle and guards to be specific.but a closer look shows other needs .We could use a WR with the departure of Hines Ward and Arnez Battle one option would be Brian Quick 6'4" 220 runs a 4.5 40 2012 stats 42 rec 741 yds (17.6) yd avg and 7 td's. He will be availible in the 4th or 5th round.Many feel we should add a safety and possibly another corner.It is my opinion that we should take a ILB to replace Farrior in the 1st rd and an O-Linemen in the second and at least one more pick on the line . It gets interesting if Wallace leaves then we can load up cause we get 2 compensotory picks from guys that left last year so potentially could have 10 picks 2 1's 2-6 and 3 7's nice

We will re-sign Jericho... therefore we do not need WRs
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Draft Pick
    OL
    NT
    MLB

My Mood
    Addicted
    Even if we keep Wallace and Jericho we will only have 4 receivers, we will draft a WR or get one in FA, we will get a FB probably after the draft or 6-7th round,don't be surprise if we draft a QB either, we need a NT,ILB, Guard, Kicker for FG's and kickoffs, maybe even a RB...i think they take ILB in round 1 and NT in round 2...I'm excited about the 2012 season.

My Mood
    Manic
    we still need one in reserve right now it's brown wallace(pending) sanders and cotchery pending ifwe sign everyone that's only 4 we should have five even if we try to keep some on the p squad

My Mood
    Manic
    Kicker is out suisam is equal or better than anyone draftable this year

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    1. OL (guard priority)

Where it Stands Today:
    LT - Gilbert
    LG - Foster/Essex/Legs
    OC - Pouncy
    RG - Foster/Essex/Legs
    RT - Colon

Im very anti-Legs, Essex is better served as swing man. Big ?'s about Colon.

2. ILB
    3. OT
    4. CB
    5. NT

After that:
    K, OLB, S and TE. Wouldn't mind an actual FB at some point, lol.

Draft... throw around all the names you want... but BPA it will be
    I will say that Essex did a pretty decent job filling in last year, probably the best he's done since he's been here IMO. I'm not sure I'd want him over Legs at Center full time though if something happens to Pouncey again.

I want them to just get some more quality depth so they don't have to keep moving Legursky around everytime somebody gets hurt.

Thread Information