Up until the last 5-7 years or so the Steelers were generally able to keep their offensive line intact throughout the entire season. Sure you'd get an injury here and there but you could always count on guys like Dawson, John Jackson, Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings (even with literally no knees left) etc. to be there week in and week out.

Since then though this group has struggled considerably just to even field the same starting 5 players after the first month of the season, let alone an entire year. Injuries have had a ton to do with that but of course the sub standard play of guys like Jonathan Scott at LT, or Chris Kemoeatu on LG haven't helped matters any.

I was hoping the addition of guys like Pouncey and Gilbert in recent drafts would help to really start solidifying the line but that hasn't happened yet. It may in the future and I'd like to think it will, as early as next year if things work out with Pouncey's injury and Gilbert's continued development but who knows?

The injuries though, I mean every single week somebody is playing for somebody else and then swapping positions with another player. In your opinion is that a lack of conditioning and training or just dumb luck?

I would hard pressed to say that Sean Kugler hasn't prepared his guys, he's had them able to fill in at a moments notice and rides them like a pack mule in training camp and practice. Still though, something has to give sooner or later.