View Poll Results: Who gets cut by the Steelers this offseason?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Smith

21 67.74%
  • Casey Hampton

8 25.81%
  • Hines Ward

9 29.03%
  • Chris Kemoeatu

21 67.74%
  • James Farrior

13 41.94%
  • Larry Foote

15 48.39%
  • Other - please explain in your post

4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predict who else will get cut (poll)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Predict who else will get cut (poll)

One of the other things that Steelers GM Kevin Colbert talked about today at media day at the combine was more player cuts.

He didn't specify who will get cut but he did say more terminations were forthcoming.

So who's your prediction to actually get cut outright? Let us know by your vote and explanation here in the forums.

I put some likely possibilities in the poll. If you select "other" let us know who and why. You can vote for more than 1 name in the poll.

My Mood
    Fine
    Everyone on your list should be cut however, Colbert said Hampton will be back so I think he'll take a pay cut. Will Allen should be gone. Farrior or Foote they'll make a choice but I'd say bye bye and be more athletic with what we have. I want to see Worilds,Sylvester,Morte Ivy & Carter play.
    Chris K I think they'll wait until after the draft and try to trade him. If he doesn't improve during OTA's they'll cut him June 1st to spread out his dead money.

Ward will hang around until they know for sure whether or not they can resign Wallace to a long term deal. If not, he stays, if they do, then I believe he will be cut. Otherwise, Kemo, Smitty, KC, Foote or Farrior.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Colbert did indeed say that Hampton may be back. That tells me that McLendon is a possible starter at NT next season or a possible draft pick who they will bring on slowly and let Casey play out this coming year yet.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Kemo prolly, i dont see them holding both Foote and Farrior, but Id be surprised if they let Farrior go to be honest, even tho most of us think they should.

Fact remains... Steelers are being the Steelers, No big purge in players. There wont be no big FA signings. They found away to get their $ under the cap (Ben did his today). They will draft best available and build the team from there. Which will prolly dictate players futures such as Farrioir, Smith, Colon etc
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    I want Kemo gone just as bad as I wanted BA gone...

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    In others Steelers news:

• Colbert said he expects Casey Hampton to return in 2012 even though the veteran nose tackle has to become back from a third torn ACL and second one on his left knee.

• Colbert said he expects offseason surgery will allow All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey to put the high-ankle sprains that have plagued him in the past

• Colbert said the Steelers are hopeful of re-signing veteran backup quarterbacks Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch.

• Colbert said quarterback is the only every-down position that the Steelers have eliminated as far as using their first-round pick (No. 24 overall) on in this year's draft.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    I want Kemo gone just as bad as I wanted BA gone...
    Legursky also he is a waste of space, Will Allen also...

we are short on healthy OL kemo and legs stay.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Legs didn't single handedly ruin drives, big plays, and the momentum during games like kemo

Thread Information