Thread: Hines Ward Tribute Page

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

Hines Ward Tribute Page

Hey Friends,

We are going to be putting up a completely separate Hines Ward Tribute Page on SA. In the meantime, please start posting up your memories of Hines whether they be of great plays, moments on or off the field, etc. We really have been lucky to witness the career of a guy who wasn't the greatest athlete but who gave it everything he had week in and week out. It's a career that will no doubt end up in Canton.

Share your thoughts!

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This will be a page that I'll make in the next week or so that includes thoughts from the fans about what he mean to them playing for the Steelers, and ask Marc said it will be a permanent fixture on the homepage via a small icon somewhere for coming season, and then eventually cataloged in the archives.

My Mood
    Smokin
    this has to be in there...my all time favorite

Last edited by steelersgal86; 03-01-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Smokin
    come on people post up...I know there are a ton of memories everyone has...

Thanks for the sig Flea

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Despite the pussification of the NFL Ward played the game the way we were all taught in high school. The fact that he "brought it" every play of every game and did it with a smile will forever be a favorite Steeler memory for me.

And as far as him being dirty, all I can say is........"if he was truly dirty then every player in the NFL was scared to death of him because nobody ever delivered cheap shots on him. Either he wasn't dirty or everyone was scared to retaliate!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I had the privilege of watching Hines from the year he came into the league. A never say die warrior who have his all on every single play, and always with a smile. #86 in your programs, #1 in your hearts.

Ward came into the league when I was 11, literally the age I started getting into, and playing, football. It's so weird to think that he will no longer be a part of the black and gold every Sunday. Now at 25, I'm so used to seeing #86 on the field every Sunday, grinning ear to ear, making the tough catches no one else on the roster can, and blocking his a** off. Ward represents a big part of Steeler football for me, as he has been one of the constants over the years. He was tough as nails, reliable, fearless, and a leader. I love the guy and he is still one of my all-time favorite players. BUT, I'm not mad about the cut at all. It was time, it's the right move and I like how the Roonies are putting the TEAM above individual players. You had a great career Ward and no matter what happens, you'll always be a Steeler. Thanks for the memories.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Frustrated
    hines! i love ya man! you will always be one of the greatest steelers ever. you played football the way it should be played...the steeler way!

THANK YOU HINES!!!!! A MILLION THANK YOUS FROM STEELER NATION!!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Smokin
    Hines is a class act...he is a great guy..you can always count on him to get knocked down and get up smiling!!! this is tough!!! He is such a leader...and hopefully we see him back on our side one day

Thanks for the sig Flea

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information