View Poll Results: Who gets cut by the Steelers this offseason?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Smith

21 67.74%
  • Casey Hampton

8 25.81%
  • Hines Ward

9 29.03%
  • Chris Kemoeatu

21 67.74%
  • James Farrior

13 41.94%
  • Larry Foote

15 48.39%
  • Other - please explain in your post

4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predict who else will get cut (poll)

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    and let Casey play out this coming year yet.
    I don't see how that's possible. He blew out his knee. That's typically a 10ish month recovery. Plus in that time, he won't be able to do anything to stay in shape, and I'm going to guess that his weight becomes an issue. So he'll be ready in what, October, November. And then he can start getting into game shape.

I don't see how this adds up to anything besides letting him go.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    we are short on healthy OL kemo and legs stay.
    Kemo is aweful, and with a huge price tag (2.4 million savings if cut). Not to mention the stupid play that costs them at least one, if not two personal fouls a game.

Legs is a decent back up. Plus we have no other back up center.

I'd rather keep Jonathan Scott then Kemo. Can't pass block and is good for a few 15 yarders each game.

much sarcasm here. Keep Trai Essex and cut Scott too.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As much as we all have issues with Kemo and Scott, I would bet that both will be on the roster at least until training camp. At that time I would assume, and hope, that there is an all out competition on the line for both starting Guards and whatever Tackle position Gilbert doesn’t occupy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    As much as we all have issues with Kemo and Scott, I would bet that both will be on the roster at least until training camp. At that time I would assume, and hope, that there is an all out competition on the line for both starting Guards and whatever Tackle position Gilbert doesn’t occupy.
    I agree, If you look at it from a business not a fan why would they cut kemo before the draft? Also if he's cut June 1st the can spread out his dead money. I think Kemo will Come back solid with OTA's this year(no lock out). Remember we all wanted essex gone and he was one of the best OL and now he's a UFA who wants to start.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Kemo will take a paycut and stay. You'll have a good idea of Hampton's future by what we do in the first two rounds of the draft.
    Either Foote or Farrior is gone. Now way they keep both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Kemo will take a paycut and stay. You'll have a good idea of Hampton's future by what we do in the first two rounds of the draft.
    Talking to a buddy yesterday, he suggested the Steelers won't do anything with Hampton because then we'd wind up in a situation where there was one and only one choice in the 1st round (Poe) and that people could use that against us to try and get us to give up additional picks or something to get him.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Colbert already said Hampton isnt going anywhere
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah they won't do anything with Hampton for the time being. I will say though that if they were to draft Poe you could make a case for them releasing Hampton after June 1st or in training camp. That way his residual cap hit won't be as bad on the books.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I would love the see Glenn/Konz in Round 1 & Zeitler in Round 2. Then the Steelers could let Kemo & Essex go. Legursky, Scott, & Foster would be primary backups. That surrounds Pouncey with two big stud G's and makes him even better Gilbert & Colon look that much better playing on the ends of that interior line.

I can't believe the Steelers can hang onto Farrior. He is so slow now that defenses feast on him in the passing game. If he come back, it has to be at minimum salary only in emergency situations, and if they let Foote go.

Thread Information