Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is letting Wallace go and getting a 1st round pick fair compensation?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I consider Ed Bouchette to be the most reliable or at least one of the most reliable journalists around the Steelers. This morning on 93.7 he was asked point blank if Wallace is a Steeler in 2012 and said, "He is gone."

Frankly if it works out this way I'm OK with it.
    Pretty sure he's also a guy who said the Haley talk was just a smokescreen....just sayin

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Hell no! Not only is he a good player now, but he has major potential. Not to mention we just got a great WR coach in Todd Haley. The first round pick also has a chance to be a bust.
    Bust or set us up to be in The Super Bowl for the rest of Ben's Career. If The Steelers don't get back to The Steeler way of letting players go when its time we'll all be here doing the shoulda,coulda,woulda. Strike while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Bust or set us up to be in The Super Bowl for the rest of Ben's Career. If The Steelers don't get back to The Steeler way of letting players go when its time we'll all be here doing the shoulda,coulda,woulda. Strike while we can.
    It's not "Wallace's time". He IS the reason AB was so good this year. Our offense would suffer without him. People don't realize now, but if he leaves, we'll all becwishing we still had him.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    It's not "Wallace's time". He IS the reason AB was so good this year. Our offense would suffer without him. People don't realize now, but if he leaves, we'll all becwishing we still had him.
    I agree Wallace take the top off helps AB. Also remember that the year before Emu was the man before he broke his foot in The Super Bowl. I just think we can get another deep threat and if we have Speedy receivers & use our TE more we could be better. It would help tweak Ben to get the ball out of his hands faster instead of always looking for the home run.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I agree Wallace take the top off helps AB. Also remember that the year before Emu was the man before he broke his foot in The Super Bowl. I just think we can get another deep threat and if we have Speedy receivers & use our TE more we could be better. It would help tweak Ben to get the ball out of his hands faster instead of always looking for the home run.
    You have a point but I'm just not a fan of us letting our #1 WRs go, especially when he has soooooo much potential. It's starting to become a trend.

Santonio, wallace, brown, cotchery, and sanders would be the nastiest receiver corps ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

im such a whore for an extra first rounder....the niners or patriots pick isnt that exciting though lol.

im ok either way though

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im such a whore for an extra first rounder....the niners or patriots pick isnt that exciting though lol.

im ok either way though
    screw the extra first rounder.......keeping Wallace, Brown, and Sanders together is the best move......I have been hard on Wallace lately but I still like him and think the best is yet to come for him........

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I want to see Wallace become a more complete Wide receiver this season. Becoming a better route runner. With a full off-season and training camp, there will be no excuses for him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I am somewhere between K and Black&Gold on this one. I think we will get production form our WRs and he can be replaced so I would love an extra 1st, especially if it was from a team in front of us and not behind us. This would instantly upgrade two or three positions for us with our second rounder included.
    What I think hurts is if he ends up with teams like NE, Bal or Cinc.

If a team with cap space (Sea, Jax, TB and others) offers him a sweet deal and we scoop their pick, and he doesn't haunt s for the rest of his career, it could work work for us too.

I know they are clearing room for him and it looks like they might be able to sign him, so this might be moot, but I wouldn't mind layin awake at night dreaming of two first round studs coming to us in this year's draft class.

Thread Information