Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Is letting Wallace go and getting a 1st round pick fair compensation?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    My Mood
    Manic
    Man people have no loyalty anymore you all act like he sucks. like he has done nothing for us UM Hello 2 1000 yd seasons 1 pro bowl and he was the reason Antonio Brown reached 1000 yds because many teams doubled him leaving brown and sanders one on one . personally i think he wants to stay with the Steelers rather than start over with another team .If he wants to stay the steelers don't have to match any offer so we will see. If he does leave we will get a 1st round pick so let's hope he goes to a ****** team like the redskins or seahawks
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 02-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.

  2. #12
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, there's Colston , Bowe , Jackson and a few others to pick from. Bill will take the whom ever he believes will give the best production.

    You have to remember , Moss would catch anything in his neighborhood , Wallace has trouble with anything that isn't dropped into his hands.
    Remember, the Patriots need someone who can strecth the field. Colston, Bowe don't offer that like Wallace can. Trust me, Wallace WILL be the one the Patriots go after. And Brady CAN drop the ball into Wallace's hands. That's why Wallace IS the perfect fit for them.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  3. #13
    lloydfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I think Wallace will be going to the Patriots. Because he'll not want to go to the Ravens because the Flacco won't get him the ball the way he wants it in a run first offense. But in New England, Wallace will see the ball alot and he if he could be half as effective as Moss was in 2007, He'd be considered a superstar. Look for Wallace in New England.
    pardon me for not being the most educated in the whole free agency process... but will Mike even have a choice in where he ends up? or is it whoever strikes the sweetest deal with the Steelers?


    "Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

  4. #14
    Starter Raleigh Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,341
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Man people have no loyalty anymore you all act like he sucks. like he has done nothing for us UM Hello 2 1000 yd seasons 1 pro bowl and he was the reason Antonio Brown reached 1000 yds because many teams doubled him leaving brown and sanders one on one . personally i think he wants to stay with the Steelers rather than start over with another team .If he wants to stay the steelers don't have to match any offer so we will see. If he does leave we will get a 1st round pick so let's hope he goes to a ****** team like the redskins or seahawks

    thank you!!!! i'd love for mike to stay and be the #1 in a REAL offense. but if we can't afford him, we can't afford him. but this guy is a stud, and not easily replaced.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

  5. #15
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,170
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    If the Steelers do not sign Mike Wallace to a long-term deal, and if they put a first-round tender on him as a restricted free agent, and if another team presents Wallace with an offer sheet that he likes enough to sign, and if the Steelers decide not to match that offer sheet to keep him, then the Steelers would receive the team’s No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft. In the event a team has more than one No. 1 pick in this draft, the Steelers would get that team’s original pick.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  6. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,867
    Who defines fair? Would you take that? Difficult. Mid #1 or late #1? Obviously, the higher the pick the more "fair" it is.

    We do have some really huge holes that we could fill with that. A great guard and Poe. Imagine that. Or Poe and another Timmons type MILB. Would the team overall be better off filling those two holes and creating a bit of a need at WR?

    Could we get someone decent at WR later in the draft, thus mitigating the impact somewhat?

  7. #17
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    My Mood
    Manic
    Wallace had 8 td's no other reciever had more than 2 for the steelers. Plus with Wallace his speed makes the other team play 2 safties high and wide if he is not on the field they can stack 8 in the box and shut down everything .So if you want to now really how bad our O-line was it will only get worse for us without wallace .there is no way any team can play up at the line with wallace we have to sign him now if we can find another reciever with his speed than let him go

  8. #18
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    pardon me for not being the most educated in the whole free agency process... but will Mike even have a choice in where he ends up? or is it whoever strikes the sweetest deal with the Steelers?
    Its not a deal with The Steelers its a deal with Wallace that The Steelers can't match. If The Pats Offer wallace a LArge signing bonus and up front money then The Steelers have 7 days to match or be compensated. The only thing The Steelers control is if they try to trade him now before free agency.

  9. #19
    Starter Steelers_All_Day_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    7th Heaven!!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,258
    Hell no! Not only is he a good player now, but he has major potential. Not to mention we just got a great WR coach in Todd Haley. The first round pick also has a chance to be a bust.

  10. #20
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Wallace had 8 td's no other reciever had more than 2 for the steelers. Plus with Wallace his speed makes the other team play 2 safties high and wide if he is not on the field they can stack 8 in the box and shut down everything .So if you want to now really how bad our O-line was it will only get worse for us without wallace .there is no way any team can play up at the line with wallace we have to sign him now if we can find another reciever with his speed than let him go
    I like Wallace but all he is is speed. He doesn't attack the ball at the highest point,Doesn't break up passes that might get intercepted. Instead he whines to the ref. We can get another speedy receiver in any round just like we got him. However, we don't know when we'd have the opportunity to get a second 1st round pick to fix our aging Defense & Olines or ILB.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Would you rather have Wallace or a 1st round
    By cmerrifield in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 07:48 PM
  2. Mike Wallace (WR)2nd 3 round pick
    By Captcoolhand in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
  3. Steelers end up only getting a 5th-round pick for Faneca
    By Sir Blitzelot in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
  4. Compensation Pick Next Year
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •