Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is letting Wallace go and getting a 1st round pick fair compensation?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Is letting Wallace go and getting a 1st round pick fair compensation?

It's by no means a done deal yet that Wallace is going somewhere else next season. If it does come down to that though, the Steelers will at least get a first round pick out of it. Is that a decent trade off in your opinion?

In the end if you can't afford Wallace then you'll be happy with whatever you can get but at least it would be a good draft pick.

I would still like to see him stay but man the last time the Steelers had 2 first round picks was in the 70's. Imagine how much you do with that now? 2 offensive lineman, 1 lineman on offense and one on defense, 1 lineman and 1 middle linebacker.

You could deal one of those picks for more 2nd round and 3rd rounders. Take both of your first rounders and move up if you really want to go after someone like Kalil or even Blackmon. Ok that's a bit of a stretch, lol. but you get the idea.

Very fair for a one trick pony IMO... Don't get me wrong I love the guy but he's not the best route runner like AB and even ES and quite honestly may be very overrated!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

PPG's Bouchette on 93.7 The Fan: "Wallace is gone"

I consider Ed Bouchette to be the most reliable or at least one of the most reliable journalists around the Steelers. This morning on 93.7 he was asked point blank if Wallace is a Steeler in 2012 and said, "He is gone."

Frankly if it works out this way I'm OK with it.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

I've been saying all along he'll be gone.. IMO he's not worth the money a team will be throwing at him... One knee injury away from slowing him down into an average WR at best..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That whole "one trick pony" label that Tomlin gave him seems to have reared it's head again given his performance the last half of the season.

As much as I'd love to see Wallace stick around, gimme that first round pick if it comes down to that and I'm cool with it.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I like the idea of a 1st for Wallace now that there is a rookie wage scale.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Sunshine
    He said he'd like to stay with the Steelers but understands that it's a business and he will do what's best for him. Asked about going to the Niners or Pats Wallace said that he's the missing part to their puzzle. Guessing that means bye , bye Mike.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I think Wallace will be going to the Patriots. Because he'll not want to go to the Ravens because the Flacco won't get him the ball the way he wants it in a run first offense. But in New England, Wallace will see the ball alot and he if he could be half as effective as Moss was in 2007, He'd be considered a superstar. Look for Wallace in New England.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Considering where we got Wallace, what our offense is going to be going forward,....yeah a first round pick is more then fair. We can fix our lines,
    with those picks, get a good linebacker in the second round and add another WR (big body WR hopefully) in the later rounds....yeah....

This is going to work out fine.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I think Wallace will be going to the Patriots. Because he'll not want to go to the Ravens because the Flacco won't get him the ball the way he wants it in a run first offense. But in New England, Wallace will see the ball alot and he if he could be half as effective as Moss was in 2007, He'd be considered a superstar. Look for Wallace in New England.
    I'm not so sure about that, there's Colston , Bowe , Jackson and a few others to pick from. Bill will take the whom ever he believes will give the best production.

You have to remember , Moss would catch anything in his neighborhood , Wallace has trouble with anything that isn't dropped into his hands.
    Last edited by jpele; 02-23-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Thread Information