Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the Steelers look at Dwayne Bowe?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Lightbulb Should the Steelers look at Dwayne Bowe?

Saw this article this morning that turned my wheels a bit. My first thought was, no way they'll have the cap room. That's probably still going to be the case but should Wallace go elsewhere and they end up with enough space to make some moves, Bowe would be a pretty sick addition to the team.

With Steelers No. 1 wide receiver Mike Wallace a restricted free agent and looking to possibly try to cash in elsewhere, Pittsburgh could be in the market for one of this year's big name free agent receivers.

One player that could be a possibility is current Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe, who could follow his former head coach and now-Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley to Pittsburgh.

The Steelers aren't desperate for WR talent, especially with young stars like Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders on the rise, but looking at Haley's past success, especially as an offensive coordinator with the Cardinals, multiple big time receivers have been a part of the game plan.

In Arizona, Haley had Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston to work with. Even when he had Bowe in Kansas City, Haley drafted Jonathan Baldwin and brought in Breaston to complement him.

Now with the Steelers, bringing in Bowe doesn't sound so crazy. Bowe would give Pittsburgh the Fitzgerald-Boldin-like combination Haley had in Arizona. Not to mention, Bowe had his best statistical season with Haley in 2010, pulling in 72 catches for 1,162 yards and 15 scores.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Bowe and 2 first round picks would be sweet. If the Steelers lose Wallace, I want them to go after a quality WR. We need three capable guys. So either Bowe, Cotchery again, or somebody decent as the #3 WR. I think Ward is at best a #4 WR right now.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    What's the difference between paying Wallace and paying Bowe?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    If were paying anyone who is not an OL... i want Michael Bush
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    What's the difference between paying Wallace and paying Bowe?
    One extra first round pick. That may not be a bad idea. We have 7 days to match the offer. We could see if we could find a suitable replacement in that week and still get an extra first rounder.

sent from my Evo using tapatalk
    Last edited by cmerrifield; 02-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I'm talking about in terms of $$$! It's going to be about the same!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    If were paying anyone who is not an OL... i want Michael Bush
    I too have been quitely drooling over Michael Bush too. Dreaming of what he'd look like in Black and Gold. But I can't see us getting him right now. Considering our salary cap restrictions, the defection of Wallace to another team, etc. etc.

But Bush would be perfect for what we want to do on offense going forward.

But our first priority is the D-Line and the O-line. We need an OT and a nose tackle in a red alert way.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We DO need a big body WR that would contrast to Brown and Sanders. A big body WR would definitely help us in the red zone. But Bowe is going to be too expensive.

I tell you what? I'd love to see us swap Wallace for Bowe straight up in some type of way that would be cap friendly for us. That would be a win/win for both teams. Because the Chiefs have big body WR's, they need a speed guy to contrast to what they have.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Pimp
    No. Why would they?!?

Veteran
    If the Steelers have any money to spend on free agents, they should focus on the OL, then the DL then MILB. It makes no sense spending money on WR when we have such huge needs elsewhere.

Thread Information