Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haley and Ben finally meet.....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Haley and Ben finally meet.....

@EdBouchette News many have waited for: Ben & #steelers new OC Todd Haley finally met, sat down and talked.
    15 minutes ago
    There ya go everybody......

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Ben said he wanted to go 15-1 again like the days before arians.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh joy, oh bliss, now we can finally stop talking about it! To all those media experts who kept harping on this story... Take that!

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Did Issac Redman meet with Haley yet? Wonder why that's not a story.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wait, Wait, did Haley meet with Mike Wallace yet? Did he try to convince him to stay and not take more money elsewhere? Why haven't we heard about this too!! I am outraged! I'm going to write pointless articles and tweet constantly about how big of a story this is just to toot my own horn and stir up the masses.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just posted this up on the homepage...taking a different approach than what many do in reporting these stories.

The day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived! The Steeler Nation can rest easy now that Big Ben and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley finally met today according to Post Gazette's Ed Bouchette via twitter: @EdBouchette News many have waited for: Ben & #steelers new OC Todd Haley finally met, sat down and talked.

It's been nothing short of amazing how much media attention this whole insignificant saga has gotten since Haley was formally introduced at a press conference earlier this month. Twitter, Facebook, the water cooler, the line at the grocery store, everybody and their brother has been wondering when it would happen. You couldn't go a day without somebody talking about it.

We'll never know the full story of what was said, exactly how long they met, what differences they ironed out (if any at all) but the speculation is sure to be rampant over the next couple of weeks. Haley said this, Ben wanted to do that, can't you just hear it now?

It's safe to say that whether they met for a few minutes or a few hours, the game plan on offense is not place for 2012 quite yet. Haley has been busy not only moving into and adjusting to life in Pittsburgh but also getting to know the coaches and staff. On top of all that the Steelers are right in the middle of evaluating their own free agents, looking at possible additions from other teams, and of course the draft picks. The fact that even after a few weeks of being hired, Haley has been quite busy and it doesn't figure to let up anytime soon as the draft is coming up in April.

Another added wrinkle to the "days of our lives" soap opera that was Big Ben and Todd was the fact that the new collective bargaining agreement does not allow for coaches to officially call meetings with players. At least not during this early time in the off season. There are always ways around these types of rules but nonetheless we figured we'd point that out.

So yes Steeler Nation we call take a deep breathe, sleep a bit easier tonight, and finally look forward to the rest of the NFL business season. We can stop being interrupted on important off season discussion to be reminded again that Ben & Todd haven't met yet. Finally our super start Quarterback and his new boss have finally shook hands and said "hello".

We hope you'll forgive our sarcasm but if you follow SteelerAddicts in any capacity you'll know that we cover the Steelers in a unique way that's both informative and fun...and sometimes a little differently than most.

My Mood
    Addicted
    what did they talk about? favorite colors? vacation spots? sandwiches?

did haley talk to heath miller yet? chris kemo? shaun suisham?

and have they scheduled another "meeting" so we can keep track of their meetings together?

did haley indicate that he is looking to replace BA as ben's new BFF?

these are the questions that the media needs to provide to us.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Haley better not be talking to Shaun Suisham. Hopefully Suisham doesn't have to kick at all this year other than extra points and kickoffs.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

I'm still waiting for Haley to call me to.WTF

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by North Steel View Post
    I'm still waiting for Haley to call me to.WTF

jim wexall just reported: that todd haley has not called north steel yet. which is leaving steeler fans everywhere wondering how the both are going to coexist. will haley call plays that north steel likes? will north steel call haley a jackass like the previous OC? until these two get together and talk we will be reporting on this every 12 hours.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information