Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baron Batch or Mewelde Moore next season?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Baron Batch or Mewelde Moore next season?

Mewelde Moore is a free agent this year and recovering from a sprained MCL that he suffered against the 49ers in the regular season. Since he’s primarily a 3rd down back / change of pace, he’ll have some competition this training camp. Baron Batch said his recovery is going “Fantastic” according to a tweet he put out with us this weekend. Assuming he’s ready to go and back at full strength that should be a decent battle to watch.

If it gets that far though. They could just not bring back Moore and let Batch take over that job. The Steelers don’t just generally hand over a position to someone without some competition in the mix. I would bet at this point that both will be on in camp and then fight it out for the regular season duties. I also say this because of Mendenhall’s injury they might want some additional insurance.

Who would you rather have as the 3rd down back next yet?

Not sure what the offense is gong to look like next season, but if Batch can pick up the blitz, I say he is a cheaper alternative and the should let Mo go.

I think the team will do everything it can to shed contracts to pay Wallace and deal with cap issues. I would expect some fresh young faces in various places this year.

My Mood
    Clowns
    This is a case where you have to take a chance with the younger guy, I would say go with Baron Batch and see what he can do. It's not like the Steelers are the only team to ever start a young player in a key position.

I like BB alot, but as of now he's unproven. That doesn't mean he sucks, just that we don't really 100% know for sure how he's going to handle getting the sh*t beat out of him for an entire season. My guess is that he's gonna be just fine, but we should try and keep Moore another season just in case.

My Mood
    Manic
    Normally you would think that the steelers would let Moore go because of the cap situation but without Mendenhall in the mix they might try to sign him for another season

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Not sure what the offense is gong to look like next season, but if Batch can pick up the blitz, I say he is a cheaper alternative and the should let Mo go.
    Cuts are going to be especially painful this year. With that said, we need to let Moore walk and go with Batch. He'll have a full camp to get back healthy and since everyone will be learning the offense over again, he will not be that far behind in that regard. Big thing is that because of all the new guys coming in, the coach's need to teach ball security more then ever for the coming season.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Everyone's going to learn a new offense anyway so for the most part, it is a clean slate for everyone. Steelers need to continue getting younger on offense.

My Mood
    Fine
    I'd rather have Batch & Chad Spann. I'd feel more comfortable with Chad Spann over Batch.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Didn't batch beat out MeMo in training camp for that spot before he got injured?

Thread Information