Thread: James Neal Signs Real Deal

My Mood
    Addicted

Talking James Neal Signs Real Deal

James Neal Signs Real Deal
    Sunday, 02.19.2012 / 11:56 AM
    By Michelle Crechiolo

With the incredible year James Neal is putting together, he could have easily opted to go to restricted free agency this summer to explore his options.

But the success Neal is having with the Penguins this season only intensified his desire to stay with the organization. And on Sunday, Neal ensured he wouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon when he signed a six-year contract extension with Pittsburgh on Sunday.

Neal's Increased Comfort Level Has Him Ready for Fresh Start The deal begins with the 2012-13 season and runs through the 2017-18 campaign, and has an average annual value of $5 million.

“I’m just so comfortable in Pittsburgh,” he said. “And with the commitment that the organization is going to give me, it couldn’t be a better feeling. I couldn’t have found a better spot.

“I don’t think I see myself in anything other than a Penguins uniform. Now it’s going to be for a long time. It’s a good feeling. We've got some great guys in this locker room and I couldn’t find myself in a better organization.”

It’s only February, but Neal said getting this deal done as quickly as possible was a no-brainer for him.

“I love everything about what goes on here and how we play the game,” he said. “I’ve got some great teammates here and it’s been a comfort feeling since day 1. I just couldn’t see myself anywhere else and hopefully the success continues.”

Rest of article: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Absolutely love this move. In Shero We Trust!!!

Great move !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information