Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine Ray Rice as a Steeler

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Why are you Laughing. Why take Rice when we have a small power guy in Spann already and Barron Batch if he stays healthy. Watch Spann's HIghlights then let me know what you think.
    cant say that ive ever heard of him but i did check out some highlights. i'll precede this with im nowhere near as knowledgeable as some here, ESPECIALLY when it comes to college ball, and i didnt see any clips vs my limited knowledge of the upper echelon teams of ncaa but i do have one hell of a soft spot for hammerheads and i like few things more than watching someone single handedly piledrive 3 to 4 defenders.

BUT

my things is that i dont like making judgements based on highlights alone, i think whats more telling is lowlights to be honest. how does he handle making mistakes? how is he under pressure? if his team is behind does he get dejected or does he dig deeper and gut it out even when it seems pointless? how does he handle minor injuries?

lets just say i did enjoy seeing what i saw, which means im not laughing, but i aint clapping either. would have to see more and/or different aspects of his game to jump on the bandwagon. if he can plant a shoulder in Rayray's chest and drive him 6 yards down the field ill be his biggest supporter.

My Mood
    Manic
    you aren't trying to compare ray rice to chad spann are you lol

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    you aren't trying to compare ray rice to chad spann are you lol
    without being quoted im not entirely sure if youre speaking to me or not but if so i cant really say that i am. i dont know much at all about him. like i said, im on no one's bandwagon but im not going to completely discount him either. am i saying there is no way he could possibly be as good as rice if given the opportunity? no. i definitely liked what i saw. but i have no expectations of it either. it would certainly be nice to be able to compare the two though.

Thread Information