Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing Wallace Mock 1.7

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    Jollyrob, I love ya man. Who's pot are you sweeting? them or ours? Ours would benefit the most, lol!!!!!
    We still need to reduce The Cap so thats why I'd give up Chris K & Larry Foote. I'd rather get something than nothing.lol Plus, Andy Reid loves Big Nasty Lineman & Needs a veteran LB,( I'd ask for Casey Mathews but thats me being greedy)
    The Steelers need to take a realistic approach with Wallace & The Cap. If they can't sign him and think someone might snatch him then be PROACTIVE. Go for a trade with a Mid to early team. Hell, Contact Miami and trade him for Mike Pouncey and their 2nd & 4th. Be honest and be Pro active. I'd rather get something for wallace and Secure Antonio Brown this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    We still need to reduce The Cap so thats why I'd give up Chris K & Larry Foote. I'd rather get something than nothing.lol Plus, Andy Reid loves Big Nasty Lineman & Needs a veteran LB,( I'd ask for Casey Mathews but thats me being greedy)
    The Steelers need to take a realistic approach with Wallace & The Cap. If they can't sign him and think someone might snatch him then be PROACTIVE. Go for a trade with a Mid to early team. Hell, Contact Miami and trade him for Mike Pouncey and their 2nd & 4th. Be honest and be Pro active. I'd rather get something for wallace and Secure Antonio Brown this year.
    I agree, but I was being sarcastic in my previous comment. You were saying that the Steelers would sweeten the pot with Chris K and Foote, but if we got rid of those two AND received something in return that would be killer.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    I agree, but I was being sarcastic in my previous comment. You were saying that the Steelers would sweeten the pot with Chris K and Foote, but if we got rid of those two AND received something in return that would be killer.
    I'd ask for Casey Mathews.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    We're not losing Wallace......
    It's a "What if" scenario bud! I don't want it to happen but business is business...

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I'd rather sign A.Brown now and if we lose Wallace for a first rounder I'm good with it. However, what I'd worry about is Cincy taking him. We'd lose him to a division rival and get the 21st pick. I wouldn't mind Philly taking him and giving up the # 15 pick or SIgn & Trade with Philly to Move up to 15 in first and their two seconds #46 & 51. I'd send them Chris K and Larry Foote to sweeten that deal.
    You only get a 1st thanks to the new CBA! That's it...

My Mood
    Frustrated
    What about Bobby Massie in the 3rd. I like Potter also.
    I'd rather sure up out line and take my chances with our LBs!

I'd rather sign A.Brown now and if we lose Wallace for a first rounder I'm good with it. However, what I'd worry about is Cincy taking him. We'd lose him to a division rival and get the 21st pick. I wouldn't mind Philly taking him and giving up the # 15 pick or SIgn & Trade with Philly to Move up to 15 in first and their two seconds #46 & 51. I'd send them Chris K and Larry Foote to sweeten that deal.
    I would also worry about NE who have been looking for a replacement for Moss for a while.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    You only get a 1st thanks to the new CBA! That's it...
    I know. This was a trade scenario.

I think if we pick up a first rounder, it depends on the team that signs him. There are teams that have multiple picks that could afford the pick, but might not be willing to pay the big money and give up the pick.
    Among the teams that have the most cap room are SEA, JAX, CIN, KCC, TB, and WAS. These teams have anywhere from $42M to $63M in room.
    Wallace also has to be willing to sign with the team so he could turn away from a team that has more cap room and less of a chance at winning. CIN has picks and cap room.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    With the way the cuts have to happen, We will be taking a OT and a nose tackle with our two first round picks because we will be needing starters from those two picks. We will find a WR late in the draft like we found Brown.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information