Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Steelers Offensive Line for 2012

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    I think most of all, we need some new blood on the line. A starting guard that would push the back ups back to backing up. That would add depth and stability. I'm a big proponent of signing a free agent guard, and even drafting another OL in the 3rd-ish round (and maybe even another in the 6th or 7th that is a project who we could develop.)

Time to stop fracking around with the OL and fix it once and for all. That will make Ben a better QB, the WR group much more deadly and improve the RB situation considerably as well. A lot gets fixed from that one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Does anyone like Evan Mathis he was with Philly and is a FA? He's 30 so he'd be a stop gap guy. And just to rub people raw, How about Kraig Urbik? Hell they made a mistakes letting him go.
    Heres a link of FA Guards
    http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2012G.php
    I always said not to let go of our young O players while BA is around. Things will look different this year with Haley.
    The whole O will look like it got an upgrade...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I think most of all, we need some new blood on the line. A starting guard that would push the back ups back to backing up. That would add depth and stability. I'm a big proponent of signing a free agent guard, and even drafting another OL in the 3rd-ish round (and maybe even another in the 6th or 7th that is a project who we could develop.)

Time to stop fracking around with the OL and fix it once and for all. That will make Ben a better QB, the WR group much more deadly and improve the RB situation considerably as well. A lot gets fixed from that one unit.
    That's been the problem for far too long, the same faces continually every year and the same struggles. You can't help injuries, I get that, but guys have been on this roster far too long and it's for some more fresh blood in this group. Gilbert and Pouncey are keepers, the rest we can potentially use an upgrade. I like Foster at RG still but certainly wouldn't be opposed to upgrading there too.

My Mood
    Clowns
    This whole disaster of an offensive line started the last few years before Cowher retired. He used to never let the line the go but near the end they were starting to get old and Tomlin was the one left with the pieces. Now they finally start to rebuild it but it's not an easy or cheap process to go through.

I would love to see Colon actually earn his money instead of sitting around on IR being injured. He's got that new contract, just stay healthy man.

I feel bad for Starks, after everything he did for the O Line last year he has to end up with a blown out knee and now his future is in question again.

Thread Information