Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Big Benís angle with Todd Haley?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

What is Big Benís angle with Todd Haley?

More and more information has been coming out the last couple of days about just how this whole Ben Roethlisberger and Todd Haley situation is being handled. Things we do know based on reports from the local media.

-Ben spent 4 days in the training facility while Todd Haley was there and the two did not talk.
    -Ben tracked down reporter, I believe it was Ed Bouchette, an hour before Haleyís presser and gave him a 15 minute interview.
    -Benís comments in recent interviews talking about how great he is and how great the offense was under Arians. ďIíve thrown for 4,000 yds last year. ďOur receivers each had 1,000 yds.Ē
    -Ben saying he would hate to see them throw out everything theyíve done so far because they were so close to being great.

Ben has been very calculating so far, in my opinion, on what heís trying to accomplish here with his remarks. What that is though itís hard to say about now.

To date, we donít know if Haley and Ben have talked yet. Perhaps they have, perhaps not. How can you be in the same building for days on end, within literally yards of each other at any given time, and not speak?

Haley has a responsibility here too, to seek out Ben and want to talk with him. Tomlin does too, why doesnít he just give Ben a call and say ďhey Ben, swing by my office after lunch for a few minutesĒ and then Ben comes in and Haley is there. ďOk you too, youíll be working together, Iíd like you to meetĒ

Honestly this whole thing is just a circus. Tomlin and or Art II better get a handle on this.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Tired of hearing Ben's crying...I love ben as a football player, but he has been doing nothing but crying during this Todd Haley hiring...change is coming and he needs to be onboard, he doesn't own or run the team...if he doesn't like it, he can pack his bags and go to Indy with his boyfriend and we'll take peyton...

Draft Pick
    It's a staring contest and Ben can't blink first. The ego's are at stake here and neither one wants to be the one to give in. In there deranged minds, it will show a sense of weakness.

Ben is holding out for his BFF Bruce to come back! IMO Ben is walking on thin ice, time to STFU and buy into the system you toolbag!!

I'm over Ben, he's an *******... Like I've said in the past I'll be his biggest fan while he's here, but if he was on a different team I'd wish him nothing but the worse!

Ive said this before and got flamed for it. If something is going to happen between these two its going to be because of Ben. Not Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ive said this before and got flamed for it. If something is going to happen between these two its going to be because of Ben. Not Haley.
    Based on what we've heard so far I concur. It was not Haley who asked the Rooney's to fire BA. That was either Tomlin or Rooney. Haley got hired to take over after that, and Big Ben then takes it out on him, instead of having the balls to confront Tomlin or Rooney. I guess it can be hard to call out a man who is paying him 100 million dollars, so Haley is probably the easier target of the two. My point is, Big Ben needs to get his act together and start caring more about the football team rather than his personal interests. I mean, he had 4000y this season? SO WHAT? 3 players had over 5000, and a couple more were darn close. 4000, while good, is not exactly benchmark anymore. It was nice than our WR's did as well as they did, but that was because of talent, not because of the play-calling.

I get that Ben likes BA, and there should be room for that of course. But Ben needs to understand the business he is in and cope accordingly. If not, either Tomlin or Rooney better make sure he understands it if he don't want to catch the wrath of the whole Steelers community. And that is probably the last thing he needs right now.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Maybe Haley is making up a highlight reel for ben to watch of all his bone head moves... then they can talk on the same playing field and atleast acknowledge the 4000 yards and 1000 yard WR's and high five that point, then point out the 21st scoring offense. Keeping the focus on that. That should humble Ben.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 02-13-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Watching the SB loss should humble Ben for the rest of his life!

My Mood
    Clowns
    I love Ben as our Quarterback, I wouldn’t want anybody else. I think he’s just handling this the wrong way. He’s doing interviews that make it sound like all is well but then he throws in little jabs about all his passing yards or setting the receivers back 2 or 3 years and all that.

I don’t blame him for feeling a bit on the outside here but he’s bringing as much of this on himself as the team is in their decision to hire Haley. I’m sure in the end it will work out but it’s becoming a joke these days.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This whole thing is just such a royal pain to deal with. Between what the media is telling us, and each one is saying something a bit different than the others, nobody knows what is really going on.

All I know is Ben has not thought all of his statements through carefully. I can't fault him for speaking his mind but to me those little jabs can be left out or dealt with inside the offices of Rooney and Tomlin.

Thread Information