Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley was the only choice

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Haley was the only choice

Todd Haley was the right choice & the only choice just as Mike Tomlin was that choice 5 years ago. 5 years ago The Steelers were dealing with an open position,aging players and tough decisions that needed to be made. It had been said that they(owners) felt current in house coaches wouldn't be able to cut beloved players. Judging from how they all flocked to Pittsburgh West the owners were right and that is why they went outside of the organization an Hired Mike Tomlin.
    Now, The Steelers were faced with the same situation open position,beloved aging players and tough decision that need to be made. Therefore, Pittsburgh followed its new blue print and Hired outside of the organization to help make those tough decisions. Who better than Todd Haley who like Mike Tomlin will do whats best for the team to win. Todd Haley is a fiery coach who has already stated "if your sensitive this isn't the place for you". He will do whats best for the offense and will not have the emotional attachment to aging players.
    The Steelers Owners also realized that The teams Offense needs to improve its red zone efficiency and Ben needs to be reeled back in and have less control over the Offensive playbook. IE; "tweaked". Todd Haley will get the best out of the offense and help cement Ben's Hall OF Fame career. I look forward to seeing what Todd Haley & Mike Tomlin can do to improve The Offense and can only hope that Keith Butler has more control over The Defense.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wasn't too keen on him at first I'll be honest. I just didn't think he coaching style was something the Steelers were looking for. They clearly wanted to get away from the Bill Cowher emotional style when they hired Tomlin.

When I listened to Haley, having watched the team under Bruce Arians, I'm kinda digging what Todd will bring to the table. A no nonesense, do you job and we'll get along find attitude..screw up and you'll hear about it.

How is Haley with a no huddle format?

Haley was considered for the vacancy. Asked if Haley’s return was ever close, Whisenhunt said yes. But Mike Miller was going to remain offensive coordinator in Arizona, which impacted the talks.

Haley was hired this week to be offensive coordinator with the Steelers, a team with which his father played a large role in the personnel department for many years and for which Haley himself worked as a ball boy growing up.

“I had a discussion with Todd,” Whisenhunt said. “That’s an emotional thing too, in the situation he was in and being a head coach and having to look at it from another perspective and finding the best fit for him and his family. He’s a good football coach and I am glad he is getting that opportunity.”

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ben doesn't needed to be reeled in at all...so sick of hearing that.....How many stupid penalties killed drives by OL this year?.......Not to mention the OL needs to be upgraded still....Starting the year with Jonathan Scott at LT and Chris Kemoeatu at LG was just stupid....Talk about the worst LT and LG combo in the NFL....lol Starks was an improvement but his play even started to dip late in the season......The play calling was terrible in the red zone period and that is the biggest improvement that needs to be made heading into next season.....BA had no imagination once in the red zone and was to predictable......The 2nd Browns game when the Steelers were stuffed four times running the ball is proof of that........What happened to Ben being able to throw the ball in the red zone?....Just in 2007 Ben threw 32 TD's (20+ in the red zone)........The Steelers didn't have tall physical WR that year either......

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was glad Haley was brought on board I wanted Tom Clements, but Haley was my second choice, I'm sure Haley is not gonna mess with what Ben does best I.E the no huddle...i really though don't believe Haley was the first choice but he was the best choice of what was left out there and he has Burgh ties, i'm so hyped to see this master piece unfold next year...

My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;486086]Ben doesn't needed to be reeled in at all...so sick of hearing that.....

Ben needs to be reeled in. He takes sacks when were in field goal range and not because of the line. Its because he doesn't take the check down. I AGREE with you about the Line needing to get better.
    When Ben got hurt the blame is all on him wallace was ope to his left and he was just looking for the home run. If he got rid of the ball he wouldn't of gotten hit. STEELERS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS IMHO

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Haley won't take any flack from anyone, he has no allegiance to any players on the roster, he can look objectively at the offensive roster and see who's really worthy of starting and who needs to be replaced. How much influence Tomlin will allow him to have in those types of decisions remains to be seen.

I will say though BG32, "reeled in" maybe isn't the best word to use but I think Ben can improve. His game can evolve into more of a roll where he can look for the short passes more often, even if the big play down the field appears to be available. That's the main thing I think he can work on. His ability to make plays goes without question but everybody can improve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Haley won't take any flack from anyone, he has no allegiance to any players on the roster, he can look objectively at the offensive roster and see who's really worthy of starting and who needs to be replaced. How much influence Tomlin will allow him to have in those types of decisions remains to be seen.

I will say though BG32, "reeled in" maybe isn't the best word to use but I think Ben can improve. His game can evolve into more of a roll where he can look for the short passes more often, even if the big play down the field appears to be available. That's the main thing I think he can work on. His ability to make plays goes without question but everybody can improve over time.
    I agree 'reeled in" isn't the best way to describe it. I'm looking forward to Ben getting a new perspective on his game and Haley helping him to "hone" his skills.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Rain, in Ben or not Rain in Ben: that the question: If "rain in" meens getting the ball out of you hand quicker and stop taking STUPID sacks. then "Rain him in" if not rain in meens throwing out EVERYTHING that he and the receivers have learned, then don't.

Ben need to understand that If he wants the leader of the team, the team needs he HEALTHY and the end of the season. How far could this year team been, if he would have thrown the ball away, ran with the ball or check down the ball in that Cleveland game, instead of holding onto the ball looking for the big play. Sometimes the best play is the next one.

Thread Information