Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas will contact Bill Cowher about coaching vacancy...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    and don't think for 1 second that teams like Miami, Atlanta, and Oakland haven't already tried to contact or contacted Bill about coaching for them because you know they atleast tried.

I would hope Bill would have enough common sense to realize that Jerry Jones is a 180 degree turn from the Rooney's way of thinking and treating their staff. If he thinks for 1 second that Dallas would be the place to resume his career he should have his head examined.

All I need to know when I see a team like Dallas is.. Terrel Owens and Jerry Jones, there's no amount of money if Im Cowher that would pull me into that mess.

That is so true.
    Jerry Jones is the "Al Davis Lite" version of NFL owners and Cowher would get what he deserves if he were foolish enough to stick his foot in that snake pit.

Besides being the owner I believe Jerry Jones is the GM in Dallas as well which is another unsavory part of the deal.............the daily Dallas media scrutiny and the circus press conferences that Bill would have to endure and there's no way he going to "Bully" that press corp down there.......and then throw in having to deal with an Idiot the likes of TO????? It would be crazy.

One thing to think about if Bill did go to Dallas. Sure we would get some very high draft choices but how would that impact the salary cap if all of a sudden the Steelers have to pay for two extra #1 draft choices??

My Mood
    Addicted
    Simple, you trade the extra picks for either a good FA or for more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If you think of 1 first and 1 second over the next 3-4 years it wouldn't be that bad. Especially when we are picking last all the time.....lol

Geographically the strongest contender for Bill to coach at would be the Panthers.

Much of the poor attitude/play of the team this year I chalked up to Cowher's uncertainty within himself and to his players and the organization which is a main factor in what so overtly appeared to be his loss of "fire" on the sidelines. I noticed it in the preseason and it worried me then and I continued to see a similar attitude from him the rest of the season. It was not until the last desperate stretch that I saw even a hint of that same fire but by then it was too little too late (in every sense of the term). After growing up watching the fiery Cowher coach the team I loved it irked me to see him remain so blaise on the sidelines.

To save face I would think Cowher would have to take at least a few years (2-4) off since one of the major factors he attributed to his desire to retire was to be there for his youngest daughter as she finished high school. Jerry Jones I have said before appears to be going down the road to becoming the George Steinbrenner of the NFL.

BuFu

Quote Originally Posted by Hburg View Post
    Geographically the strongest contender for Bill to coach at would be the Panthers.

Much of the poor attitude/play of the team this year I chalked up to Cowher's uncertainty within himself and to his players and the organization which is a main factor in what so overtly appeared to be his loss of "fire" on the sidelines. I noticed it in the preseason and it worried me then and I continued to see a similar attitude from him the rest of the season. It was not until the last desperate stretch that I saw even a hint of that same fire but by then it was too little too late (in every sense of the term). After growing up watching the fiery Cowher coach the team I loved it irked me to see him remain so blaise on the sidelines.

To save face I would think Cowher would have to take at least a few years (2-4) off since one of the major factors he attributed to his desire to retire was to be there for his youngest daughter as she finished high school. Jerry Jones I have said before appears to be going down the road to becoming the George Steinbrenner of the NFL.

BuFu
    I have to agree with you, I've been a steeler fan for 20 years and i've never seen such a lack of discpline. Cowher has to keep in mind of some super bowl winning coaches that left and didnt win another superbowl after they came back, Joe Gibbs, Mike Holmgren, Vince Lombardi and even bill parcells just to name a few. I think Cowher had it made here. It's unfortunate that money came in the way of his future with the steelers. Personally I would take less money to have the job security of the pope.

If this is something that Cowher does go through with and does become the coach then we will definitely have our answer as to why he "resigned". One thing though is Jones isn't afraid to spend the money and get what he wants, Cowher going to Dallas though could be very beneficial to the Steelers have you all have already touched on.

I would love to see Cowher go to another team this season... draft picks, draft picks, draft picks. The Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock... the Steelers select Paul Posluszny, linebacker from Penn State University!!!!
    Hey, a man can dream can't he?!?!

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

I would hate him, but love the draft picks. I don't see him taking this route. I definately saw the Cowboys as a possiblity for '08 but I don't see Cowher making his comeback this year, esp. after making the family thing such a big deal.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Money talks bs walks. Especially if Jones is willing to allow cowher to commute from his carolina home.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

it could go kinda like saban screwing the dolphins over....the draft picks would be sweet though.....if he did sign with dallas, especially this year, he wouldnt have to worry about commuting....his house would be burned down

the more i think about it....wouldnt it be sweet to get an insane package for cowher.....1st rounder, barber, ware....how cool would that be lol

Thread Information