Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DID STEELERS YANK RUG FROM GRIMM?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

PFT is the Enquirer of the NFL. My Spidey-Sense tells me that this is crap.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    PFT is the Enquirer of the NFL. My Spidey-Sense tells me that this is crap.
    you are exactly right. Hey sometimes the enquirer gets it right but until a media source that is not based upon gossip tells me it's true, I will never believe that. I think Tomlin knows he earned the job and was the best guy for it. I'm sure he knows PFT is a bunch of bull and he probably thinks the same way we do about this. He also knows how this whole saga was taking place...people reporting he had the job before he did also. I'm sure he is taking this with a grain of salt as we all should be. PFT has made some crazy claims in the past that have been completely wrong. I don't think the Rooney's really need to address this because anyone that knows them and the organization, knows they wouldn't do something like this.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

PFT might be referred to as an "enquirer" to the NFL but when it comes down to it, you all would surprised at how much they are in fact right! I don't know where they get their sources but whoever they are they can find a story before it actually hits the airwaves! I'm not saying the site is creditable because some things are way out there in right field and you read their story and the whole time you're thinking "Yeah right"

For this story though we need to look at what transpired over the weekend and all the confusion that went on with some saying Grimm was in and others saying Tomlin was in. Obviously something went down that we are all not privy too because there was a lot of confusion! So why even discredit this story especially when it makes perfect sense... you have a rule that is named after an owner of a storied franchise that in its 74 years of existence has never hired a black coach! There is the old saying "practice what you preach" and if the Rooney's are all for the "Rooney" rule than why not be a bigger supporter of it and the next step and hire a black coach.

I'm shooting from the hip on this one, but there was definitely something that went down over the weekend that we don't know about, and if did then the FO has a lot of explaining to do and the ocean will need to be calmed down!

The only part of the story that I am having a hard time with is the commissioner getting involved. He is new so we don't really know how he operates yet, but this story could have very well happened!

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I agree AZ, many times they have come out with the true story. Most sports' fans ignore them because of the rumor mill reputation they have established. No matter what side of the ball a person stands on this one, we all have to admit that Prisuta and others who reported the Grimm story have a vested interest in keeping this BS alive - it helps restore damaged credibility for them. It is almost impossible for me to question the Rooney's credibility.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 01-24-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    What I read that was a direct quote from young Art (but I'll give my own take here since I didn't copy it) is that he feels the miscommunication came when Russ was asked what his salary requirements would be--and apparently felt that it meant he was "in". He went on to say that Mike was asked the same question, and implied that MIKE didn't take it wrong--realized it was just part of the process...

He went on to say that he didn't recall telling anyone to tell Russ otherwise--which could mean that someone under him just took it upon themselves to do it, (and that would be a tough thing to get out of), or it could mean that he did, or knows someone did, and just isn't wanting to take responsibility.

For me, I guess I HAVE to believe that this was all just a huge misunderstanding, and that young Art wouldn't be capable of handling business affairs so badly. If he IS, it doesn't bode too well for the franchise.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 01-26-2007 at 04:26 AM.

Thread Information