Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amobi Okoye and Tony Hunt

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Amobi Okoye and Tony Hunt

These 2 guys are distinguishing themselves at the Senior Bowl practices. Okoye is only 19 years old and thus far has been unblockable and the scouting report says he is built like a brick house. He may be available at the 15th pick. He would be a nice pickup in the 1st round! They could still pick up a quality offensive lineman in the 2nd and hopefully someone like a Tony Hunt is still available in the 3rd! I would like to see Bill Cowhers rights traded for a 1st and 2nd round draft pick this year. It could be like a Herschel Walker trade for the Steelers. 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders? You could set yourself up for the next couple of years with a draft like that! Bill Cowher, Jerry Jones and Terrell Owens.......sounds like an interesting mix!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Who's Amobi Okoye? What position?
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

hes a 19 year old DT from louisville...hes a stud

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Who's Amobi Okoye? What position?

DT Louisville Cardinals

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    here's a report on okoye
    Strengths:
    Extremely strong...A solid athlete with good measurables...Stout against the run and is able to take on multiple blockers...Gets a good push and will collapse the pocket...Is able to shed blocks and clog up the middle...Shows great instincts for the game and is still developing...Smart player who wants to improve...Still has a ton of potential and he could really be physically molded by a pro strength coach.

Weaknesses:
    Doesn't always play with proper leverage...Does not have a great burst of closing speed...Has to develop some additional pass rush moves...Might need to lose a little weight and get in better shape...Is inconsistent and will disappear from the action at times...Still needs a lot of technique work and is not a finished product.

Notes:
    Has four years of Division I playing experience but will still only be a 20-year-old rookie in the NFL...A native of Nigeria who tested into the 9th grade as a 12-year-old and played at Louisville as a 16-year-old true freshman in '03...Possible nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme...The NFL Draft has never seen a player quite like this and even though he's a very good prospect now it's his upside that is really intriguing.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mobiokoye.html

i don't see the need for him, we have hampton locked up and he's still doing great for us..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    also i wouldn't mind hunt in the 3rd round if he's available........his weaknesses don't bother me much, that's what's willie is for lol, he seems like he'd compliment willie perfect

Strengths:
    Has great size with a solid frame...Displays outstanding balance...A strong and powerful runner who will deliver a blow and fall forward...Has good hands and can help out in the passing game...A reliable blocker...Durable and the type who gets stronger as the game goes on...Was very productive throughout his career.

Weaknesses:
    Lacks elite timed speed and quickness...Won't break off many long runs...Not very shifty and won't make people miss...Vision is somewhat questionable and he will misread some blocks...Will struggle to get outside and turn the corner in the NFL.

Notes:
    A classic North / South guy who does everything well but nothing great...Saved the best for last and had his best season as a senior...Is not very flashy but he gets the job done and could develop into an adequate starter at the next level.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco.../tonyhunt.html
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Yeah koopa, Hunt does sound like a perfect compliment to Willie.

As for Okoye, holy crap, he played college football when he was SIXTEEN?? I think if we drafted him and gave him a few years of grooming behind Hampton, he could really be a star.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

He could also be useful in the 4-3 we are going to be running sooner or later...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Amobi Okoye DT 6'1 317 Louisville
    By: Robert Davis
    There aren’t too many 16 year olds that can play college football, but Okoye did. Not only did he play, but he proved he could hold his own against players four years older. As a freshman reserve, he had 17 tackles, two for loss, and one sack. As a sophomore, Okoye had 26 tackles, two for loss, and a sack. Okoye was again a factor up the middle, finishing with 23 tackles, four for loss, and half a sack. He really came through as a senior, earning All Big East 1st team honors with a career high 49 tackles, 12 for loss, and six sacks.

Okoye may be the ideal nose tackle. He is built low to the ground, and stays low, making it hard for defenders to get under his pads. Combined with his bulk and his strength, and he is immovable on the interior. He is powerful at the point of attack and can push lineman around and clog running lanes on the inside. Okoye’s ability to succeed despite his age is a testament to his intensity. He will not be outworked on the field.
    Definitely a good prospect and eager to learn and get better. Watch real close what we do in the draft and it will give us a better picture on where we are headed.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Here are some practice reports from the senior bowl on Okoye:

Monday Practice Notes: Has a great swim move playing over the center, but leaves his body open for blocking as he uses his hands. Want to see him add a little weight to play nose.
    Tuesday Practice Notes: Fires off the ball low and hard and is very quick off of the snap. Really gave some of the interior blocks fits at times this morning. But if he does not beat his man initially he can be overwhelmed at the point of attack especially playing as a 1 technique.
    Wednesday Practice Notes: Again, really was coming off the ball at the snap. Despite his perceived lack of size at this point; Okoye really fought against pressure quite well this morning. His initial pass rush moves are effective but needs to work on improving his counters after contact. Did register a practice sack.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information