Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley says they'll do whatever it takes to win

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Haley says they'll do whatever it takes to win

Todd Haley wasted little time assuring everyone that the Steelers offense he will run will do whatever is necessary to win.

If that means throwing the ball like he did when he was the offensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals, fine. If that means running the ball like he did in 2 1/2 seasons as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, that's fine, too.

But, after saying there is "a lot of carry over" and similar terminology from the offense Bruce Arians ran, Haley made it clear at his introductory news conference Thursday that he is not merely taking the wheel and letting the Steelers offense operate the way it has been accustomed.
    "We're going to start with a clean slate and what gives us the best possible chance to succeed and score a lot of points," Haley said.

"Transition will always be, I don't want to say difficult, because I don't know how we could determine that right now; it's just starting," Haley said. "There is an uncomfortable aspect to newness, but that's not always a bad thing. I think it will be a great thing in this case. I am sure [Roethlisberger] will figure out we are trying to make him as good as he can possibly be. Not many players that I know of have ever had an issue with that."

Full article

Let's just hope they practice what they preach. It's easy to now that you'll do whatever it takes to win but come September and October we'll see for sure how much they are committed to that. I would like to think he will have balance and won't lean heavily on one or the other.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I love the part where Haley says if your sensitive, this is not the place to be. Haley is all about winning just like the Steelers are.

I really like this from another article. Great stuff!!

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Haley's resume isn't all that intrigued him during a search that he called thorough.

Haley's "genuine love" for the Steelers played a part in his joining the organization that his father, Dick, served as a director of player personnel from 1971-90, Tomlin said.

Tomlin also said Haley's "intangibles" impressed him.

"Here's a man that knows what it's about to be a Pittsburgh Steeler," said Tomlin, who introduced Haley on Thursday but didn't field questions during the news conference. "I'll always be interested in guys that know what the standard of the Pittsburgh Steelers are all about."

It didn't take Haley long to demonstrate that he is intimately familiar with that standard. When asked if he plans to put more of an emphasis on the running game, Haley smiled.

"Emphasis on winning," Haley said. "There is a very high expectation here in the city of Pittsburgh. I understand what is expected from the fans and the city of Pittsburgh. The Steelers are just such a great part of this town, and that is where my excitement is, to come back and be a part of this great tradition."

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

And dick-head Ben says he's scared Haley will set his young WR's back 2-3 years and that he's heard from a lot of people some good and some bad about Haley...

STFU Ben and buy into the new system!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

[QUOTE=DIESELMAN;485720]I love the part where Haley says if your sensitive, this is not the place to be. QUOTE]

Looks like the Steel Curtain is meeting the Iron Fist. So far, I haven't heard or read anything from Haley that I don't like. I like the tuff love approach and I hope he can get in there and shut a few egos down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    And dick-head Ben says he's scared Haley will set his young WR's back 2-3 years and that he's heard from a lot of people some good and some bad about Him
    Is that quote by Roethlisberger printed somewhere? Or is it a rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Is that quote by Roethlisberger printed somewhere? Or is it a rumor?
    It's a quote.

"I hope we don't have to start over and if we do, you know what, here we go. Let's do it. We'll do it. We're not going to complain about it. But I would hate to have to set certain guys back who are doing so well right now."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12040...#ixzz1m0db9ltH
    But he's not complaining..I agree with Latrobe...STFU Ben

"I've gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him,'' Roethlisberger said during an interview with the Post-Gazette. "Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they're letting me know what their interaction with him was -- good, bad and indifferent. I've heard a lot of things and I'm looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12040...#ixzz1m0eahWzx
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    So the question will eventually be put out there, "Would Ben sabatoge Haley if things are going too well ..... so not to make his friend Bruce look like an idiot?"
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

I love that Haley is here, but I think Bens ego is going to get in the way and this can end up messy.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If that happens I think everyone would lose all respect for Ben. I gotta believe this whole thing will work out in the end and Ben will get a long fine with Todd. The Rooney's have shown that they run the show, not Ben, so he'll deal with it one way or the other.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ben doesn't have right to an opinion?....Plus it would be stupid to start over and put in a whole new offense....Moving the ball wasn't the problem at all it was when the Steelers got into the redzone is when the offense struggled......But anybody care to know that the 6 games before Ben hurt his ankle the Steelers were averaging 25 points a game.......Anybody care to think that really that Ben and his young WR's were really robbed any off-season time to really get into sync with one another due to Ben's second rape accusation and the lock out....Plus Sanders was never healthy last year.....But Ben and his WR's did make tremendous strides last year......BA had to go but the offense doesn't need a total revamp....I know its hard for some of you to get over the fact the Steelers are not a power running team anymore.......lol

Thread Information