Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs Coach

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Wink Running Backs Coach

Now that we've got a new head coach (a great choice), what about a running backs coach? I don't know if this idea has been floated here before, but I'll give it a run anyway. How about Jerome Bettis? He was pretty much of a player/coach his last year or two anyway. What do all of you think?

Then again after he hung up his cleats maybe he wants to keep it that way, after all, he probably makes booko bucks being on NBC for a few minutes every Sunday during the season, but who knows?
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yeah i think he rather stay working for nbc where he only works once a week, being a coach in the nfl is pretty much a everyday year around job, and i think he likes being able to spend time with his family and just working once a week
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    I think he'd be GREAT at it--he's such a motivator, and the guys loved him. As team-mates, they were willing to put their blood, sweat, and tears on the field, so I think it'd probably be the same way for guys playing under his teaching.

But IF he'd ever want to coach RB's, I'd think it probably wouldn't be for awhile. I think he's enjoying what he's doin right now.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    There is no way he would give up the Oreo and Cookies job for a coaching job

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We'd all love to have Jerome as our RB coach but it won't happen this year. He's only 1 year into his new life, he won't come back now.

I would hope Jerome never coaches our RB's. He doesn't have the coach mentality, he's better suited to the TV studio.
    Last edited by Friday133; 01-23-2007 at 01:08 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think he has the perfect mentality. He's passionate, hard working, understands the game, has the experience to relate to the players and spent alot of time with Dick Hoak.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I think he has the perfect mentality. He's passionate, hard working, understands the game, has the experience to relate to the players and spent alot of time with Dick Hoak.
    That does not make a coach though. That was all part of his job when he was playing. A lot of people spent time with Dick Hoak, that doesn't mean they'd be a good coach. Bettis is more like Franco Harris. He's got many other things going on besides football at this point.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not saying because he spent time with Hoak that he is a good coach because of that, and I disagree that all the things I mentioned do make him a good candidate to coach if he ever wants too. He watched tons of film studied his opponents, learned how all the ins and outs of being a HOF RB. He didn't get to be in the position he is on the all time Rushing list for nothing. He's got the knowledge and skills to coach and relate to players and get the most out of them.

He was a leader on our team every year he was with us and leadership ability is key to being a coach.

I would like to see Jerom Bettis as are running back coach on ESPN about 2 weeks ago i seen a contubit to him as he was a kid how he got where he is now and it shows how he coachs little kids from school. and they are all RB's etc. I do belive he would be a awsome RB coach but thats just my 2 cents

Thread Information