Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Cowher would have won more superbowls than what he did

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Do you think Cowher would have won more superbowls than what he did

If he stayed with the Steelers and Tomlin didnt take over? I know it would be tough to say but I think he maybe would have gotten one more. Dont flame me on this, Im not trying to start a Tomlin hate thread. I think if Cowher would have stayed then Wiz would have to. I could see them winning another one together but I dont think Cowher would have won 2 or 3 more. What is your guy's thoughts?

With his wife's health problems I think he wouldn't have won any more. There's no way that wouldn't have affected his performance.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    With his wife's health problems I think he wouldn't have won any more. There's no way that wouldn't have affected his performance.

Hypothetically had his wife not been sick I suppose is the question ...as it's possible he retired because she had been sick in 2006?...it's so difficult of a question....I would think he would have won another SB....but god it would scare the crap out of me watching a HOME AFC championchip game with Cowher, ...I would rather not be the 1 or 2 seed with him so we could just give the Ravens the division and play on the road.........I always loved Cowher and would love it if Tomlin was fired and replaced with Cowher, although I like tomlin

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's hard to say, it took him so long to win that first one that maybe he could have won another one. His style of offense though might not have helped Ben reach his potential the way he has so far. I would say though that the running game would have been more consistent if he were still the HC.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    So easy to say one way or another... My guess is that the drafts probably go a little differently because I dont see us going WR as often as we have with Tomlin. Bill was great but he just got too damn conservative in the playoffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I seriously doubt it. Fifteen seasons, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win. Nuff said.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Fifteen seasons, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win. Nuff said.....
    EXACTLY...He had better talent then Tomlin has right now, his problem was he was way to CONSERVATIVE in the playoffs, here's a great example in 1994 we drafted Kordell Stewart used him as slashed all year long K.S. made nice slash plays all that year, but in the playoffs he disappeared, he should of been used more in Superbowl XXX, This is why i refer to him as Coward instead of Cowher.

Bill Cowher's teams might have had talent, but they didn't have the talent where it mattered most. He didn't win a Super Bowl until we got our franchise quarterback.

Cowher took teams quarterbacked by Kordell Stewart deep in the playoffs to AFC Championship games. Super Bowl XXX he got there with Neil O'Donnell. He lost to teams who DID have franchise quarterbacks. John Elway (AFC Championship), Drew Bledsoe (AFC Championship), Tom Brady (AFC Championship), and Troy Aikman (Super Bowl XXX).

The only loss that still eats me to this day was when he lost to Stan Humphries and the San Diego Chargers. That was a team that the Steelers should have destroyed, and they just flat out blew it.

Yes I know Cowher is more of a conservative coach, but I also think he was finally getting some aggression at the right time, as we saw when they went for the jugular against Indianapolis and Denver in 2005. I guess we'll never know for sure.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Bill was great but he just got too damn conservative in the playoffs.
    You would've gotten conservative to if you were facing the Patriots with Bledsoe and the Broncos with Elway, and you had the almighty Kordell.

Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    EXACTLY...He had better talent then Tomlin has right now
    Yes, Slash, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Kent Graham, and Tommy Maddox were all forces to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post
    Bill Cowher's teams might have had talent, but they didn't have the talent where it mattered most. He didn't win a Super Bowl until we got our franchise quarterback.

Cowher took teams quarterbacked by Kordell Stewart deep in the playoffs to AFC Championship games. Super Bowl XXX he got there with Neil O'Donnell. He lost to teams who DID have franchise quarterbacks. John Elway (AFC Championship), Drew Bledsoe (AFC Championship), Tom Brady (AFC Championship), and Troy Aikman (Super Bowl XXX).

The only loss that still eats me to this day was when he lost to Stan Humphries and the San Diego Chargers. That was a team that the Steelers should have destroyed, and they just flat out blew it.

Yes I know Cowher is more of a conservative coach, but I also think he was finally getting some aggression at the right time, as we saw when they went for the jugular against Indianapolis and Denver in 2005. I guess we'll never know for sure.
    Excellent memory, and excellent post.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityVoice View Post

^agree....Cowher rebuilt a team after a decade of mediocrity, immedietely made playoffs, took 5 QB's to playoffs, 3 to Multiple (2) AFC championchip games...2 to SB's...6 AFC championchip appearences in 15 yrs, not bad w/out a QB (until last 3 yrs and ben was young)...and yes, the San diego loss was the absolute worse loss in my 32 yrs folllowing the Steelers....however. we stood little chance of beating that 49er team with Steve Young had we won

Thread Information