Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving Pouncey to Guard

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Moving Pouncey to Guard

What does everyone think about moving M.Pouncey to Guard and picking up a starting Center? With the injuries that Pouncey and his backup Legurski sustained perhaps grabbing a Center and putting our Pro Bowl Center at Guard would solve many of the lines problems. By drafting a Center/Guard it will allow us to Draft Defense in the 1st,Center in 2nd,DEfense in 3rd,Defense in the 4th,TE in the 5th,RT in the 6st, FB,Punter & Kicker 7th.

We need OL,ILB,NT,FS/SS and can always use a CB!FB,TE and Punter & Kicker. Moving Pouncey would be a nice option. Centers to draft Peter Konz,Ben Jones & Mike Brewster.

What DO you guys Think? Grab a Center or there will be enough Guards in the 2nd round?

this is a very good guard draft...decastro, glenn, osemele, washington, zeitler

the only center that i would consider taking in order to move pouncey would be konz though

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this is a very good guard draft...decastro, glenn, osemele, washington, zeitler

the only center that i would consider taking in order to move pouncey would be konz though
    I was hoping I'd here from you. I value your insight. Will any of those Guards be there in the 2nd round when we pick? I've seen some mocks that have Dre Kirkpatrick slipping past us. He would be hard to bypass regardless of who else is still on the board. I'd love to get Adams,Taz,Hightower,Konz,Kirkpatrick o rBarron. If we got Barron I'd move Troy to Free and help reduce his injuries.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    What does everyone think about moving M.Pouncey to Guard and picking up a starting Center?
    No. You don't take one of the best centers in football and move him to guard. The Steelers would be much better served with Pouncy and a drafted guard than a drafted center and Pouncey.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I was hoping I'd here from you. I value your insight. Will any of those Guards be there in the 2nd round when we pick? I've seen some mocks that have Dre Kirkpatrick slipping past us. He would be hard to bypass regardless of who else is still on the board. I'd love to get Adams,Taz,Hightower,Konz,Kirkpatrick o rBarron. If we got Barron I'd move Troy to Free and help reduce his injuries.
    dre could be a FS or CB for us...i doubt he falls that far, his weed charges were dismissed (they were minimal anyway)

Washington, Osemele, and Zeitler could all possibly be there in the second....Decastro is a top 15 pick and Glenn is a first rounder.

Konz is a first rounder and Brewster could be a SOLID pickup in the second.

and i disagree about it being a bad move to move one of the "best centers in football" hes such a unique center and while very good konz has the ability to be a more traditional center like alex mack and while yes you shake things up along the line (what else is new?) but you turn one of the best centers in the league into possibly THE best guard in the league and konz takes over C as a top 7 guy himself.

the oline rankings are all over the place right now for me, the combine will say a lot more about ranking these top 10-12 olinemen

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    No. You don't take one of the best centers in football and move him to guard. The Steelers would be much better served with Pouncy and a drafted guard than a drafted center and Pouncey.
    The main Reason I ask this question is because Pouncey hasn't Played in the Last two Playoff games. 1 Playoff & The Super Bowl. I think we need to have a Healthy Center and perhaps moving him to guard might help keep that ankle Healthier. Remember Pouncey Played Guard then moved to Center at UF so he can play guard and I think he'd be a Pro Bowl Guard. However it does seem like this draft will have more Guards and Tackles to choose from.

I'm hoping with a new OC will come some new quick hitter type pass plays, that way our oline doesn't have to block for 5 seconds + on every pass play thus keeping them healthy..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I wouldn't mind seeing Pouncy at guard. It would be nice to see a smaller, faster guard that could pull and trap. That, with fullback would really bring the run game to life and open up more opps for passing. Plus I don't think Pouncy is the pissing and moaning type. As long as he's getting paid and playing I think he'd go where ever they put him.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm hoping with a new OC will come some new quick hitter type pass plays, that way our oline doesn't have to block for 5 seconds + on every pass play thus keeping them healthy..
    I agree quicker passes would Keep Ben Heathy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Pouncy at guard. It would be nice to see a smaller, faster guard that could pull and trap. That, with fullback would really bring the run game to life and open up more opps for passing. Plus I don't think Pouncy is the pissing and moaning type. As long as he's getting paid and playing I think he'd go where ever they put him.
    I think he would be a Nasty Guard and not being in the middle of the pile could keep his ankle from bodies falling onto it.

Thread Information