Thread: Moving Pouncey to Guard

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    No. You don't take one of the best centers in football and move him to guard. The Steelers would be much better served with Pouncy and a drafted guard than a drafted center and Pouncey.
    Pouncey is way overrated at this early point of his career. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he's got a lot to prove before I consider him "one of the best centers in football". I think many were too quick to annoint him the next "anchor" for the Steelers.

Admittedly, the bullshit he pulled on Twitter immediately after the loss to Denver didn't help endear himself to me. Does a dude making a few mil a year really need to peddle t-shirts on Twitter 5 mins. after an extremely disappointing loss? .... then have the stones to attack a few fans for calling him out on it?

IMMATURITY ....
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

his twitter and his on field play could literally not have less to do with each other.

easily a top 3 center, hes spectacular but would be better at guard imo

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    his twitter and his on field play could literally not have less to do with each other.

easily a top 3 center, hes spectacular but would be better at guard imo
    K Train, would you rather have Pouncey & Glenn,Konz & Pouncey, Pouncey & Washington, Pouncey & Osemele?
    POuncey & MIke Brewster?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    K Train, would you rather have Pouncey & Glenn,Konz & Pouncey, Pouncey & Washington, Pouncey & Osemele?
    POuncey & MIke Brewster?
    konz at C and pouncey at G would be the same to me as Pouncey at C and Glenn at G.

My thing with this question is the value of when we get them....im THRILLED with Osemele, Washington, and Zeitler in round 2 but likely furious with them in round one...but if we get one of them in 2 and land Taze, Adams, Poe...ect in 1 im ok with it.

Likewise i love glenn and konz in round one, but i would also like to land dennard, hightower, crick, or taamu in 2 or better yet make it washington, osemele, brewster or zeitler still and just overhall the interior line completely.

My happiness through the first 3 picks is always weighted heavily on each other

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    konz at C and pouncey at G would be the same to me as Pouncey at C and Glenn at G.

My thing with this question is the value of when we get them....im THRILLED with Osemele, Washington, and Zeitler in round 2 but likely furious with them in round one...but if we get one of them in 2 and land Taze, Adams, Poe...ect in 1 im ok with it.

Likewise i love glenn and konz in round one, but i would also like to land dennard, hightower, crick, or taamu in 2 or better yet make it washington, osemele, brewster or zeitler still and just overhall the interior line completely.

My happiness through the first 3 picks is always weighted heavily on each other
    Agreed

Konz at center pouncey at guard.. injury moves pouncey to center.... i like it. plus you get the #1 center in the draft. Pouncey is versatile and may blocks better in the run as a guard.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would love David Decastro in the first round but I think that is a pipe dream at this point.......I want Adams or Konz at this point in the first round......I agree with you about Osemele, Washington, and Zeitler in round 2.......If the Steelers do not go OL in the first....What is the bigger need ILB or NT?....Of course you know me I would be fine if a WR like Michael Floyd in the first round if he was there when the Steelers pick.....lol You can never have enough weapons for your QB.....lol

My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;486394]I...What is the bigger need ILB or NT?....

WIth Ziggy being able to play NT I'd want Taz or Hightower if we cant get a top lineman. It's being said that this draft is deep at Guard. So taking a DL,ILB,SS/FS in the first is good with me.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    [QUOTE=JollyRob68;486395]
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I...What is the bigger need ILB or NT?....

WIth Ziggy being able to play NT I'd want Taz or Hightower if we cant get a top lineman. It's being said that this draft is deep at Guard. So taking a DL,ILB,SS/FS in the first is good with me.
    I hope the Steelers get a top OL....Its time to start filling the OL with top draft picks...Pouncey and Gilbert are a start but the trend must continue....You're right its a deep draft for OG so if the Steelers can't get Decastro then yea wait to draft an OG until round 2 or later......But Mike Adams or Peter Konz I wouldn't in the first round....I agree about ILB and I rather see an ILB drafted instead of a NT......

id rather see burfict over poe, but poe over hightower, but hightower over taamu

but any of them would be good fits.....just the value of where were taking them

Thread Information