Thread: What Roger Goodell's Letter REALLY Said

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

What Roger Goodell's Letter REALLY Said

Many of you that received NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's letter yesterday may not have been aware of the real letter that Goodell had written. I was able to get a copy and have provided it for you here.

To NFFL Fans:
    Now that another remarkable NFFL season has concluded, let me express my gratitude on behalf of all 32 NFFL teams for your incredible amount of money into our owners’ pockets. Record numbers of you watched at home, made your way to the stadium, and connected with the NFFL in numerous other ways during the 2011 season. Your love of flag football is what makes the NFFL special.

We are proud of the quality of the game today even though we know we are destroying a once proud game far different than what you see on the field. From the offensive individuals and skill players on display in every game to the record-breaking achievements of future Hall of Famers, the 2011 season was extraordinary on many levels including the amount of money we pilfered from defensive players for “illegal hits”.

It finished up with some of the most exciting playoff games of recent years leading to a tense, drama-filled Super Bowl between the Giants and Patriots that was the most-watched show in the history of television even though the halftime show continues to suck. What a tribute to our offensive players, coaches, and few, real fans!

As good as it’s been, I believe the NFFL’s best days are ahead as we place a Jedi-like force field around the QB and receivers. Our responsibility in leading the league is to protect (eliminate defense) and enhance (score more points for fantasy players) the bond between our game and the passionate fans who sustain it but see it crashing all around them. We know we have to earn your trust (it’s gone) every day and prove we are worthy of your amazing support and billions of dollars.

Our commitment to improve the scoring and offensive showcasing we do is ongoing. We are not done yet. In fact, officials have been instructed to completely ignore offensive holding. From the game on the field to the fan experience at home (commercials up the wazoo) -- and everything in between -- there are ways we can do even better like actually allowing players to play defense but why would we do that? We owe it to you, the fans of safety and fair play, to believe in better and strive for more. Our game has evolved from Spy Gate which I chose to ignore completely and that will continue. I encourage you to visit our new web site – NFFL.com/evolution – to explore how the game has improved over the past century and how me and my minions will continue turning it into aggressive chest bumping. There are more good changes to come such as the defense playing with only 9 guys during two-minute drills and several teams being relocated to Europe and Indonesia.

Our mission is captured very simply in these five words:
    Forever failing. Forever flag football. Thank you once again for your passion and commitment to the game we all (used to) love.

Roger Goodell

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

^^Good stuff man^^

Any truth to the rumor that starting in 2013 all players and all teams will recieve a Super Bowl Trophy at the end of the season.......so no ones feelings will get hurt?
    Also, Mr. Goodell, I'd like to see you completely do away with fines for illegal hits and replace them with mandantory prison sentences of up to 20 years for players hitting too hard. Probably wouldn't do any harm to go ahead and impose a 5 year sentence for players who "intemidate" other players on or off the field. This should put a stop to the bullying that we all know is going on in the league.

Yours truely,
    Mr. Vagina......flag football fan for life

Draft Pick
    Nice...lol. However, the sad part about the satirical letter is that in reality he would actually need a staffer to write the letter for his dumbass.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    ^^Good stuff man^^

Any truth to the rumor that starting in 2013 all players and all teams will recieve a Super Bowl Trophy at the end of the season.......so no ones feelings will get hurt?
    Also, Mr. Goodell, I'd like to see you completely do away with fines for illegal hits and replace them with mandantory prison sentences of up to 20 years for players hitting too hard. Probably wouldn't do any harm to go ahead and impose a 5 year sentence for players who "intemidate" other players on or off the field. This should put a stop to the bullying that we all know is going on in the league.

Yours truely,
    Mr. Vagina......flag football fan for life
    LOL! I love the idea of all 32 teams being at the SB to receive their trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    Nice...lol. However, the sad part about the satirical letter is that in reality he would actually need a staffer to write the letter for his dumbass.
    SO true...

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Manic
    The thing that confuses me is he was critical of the pro bowl and that's exactly where the league is going 59-45 no defense no contact just passing and 2 yard runs

Banned
    That's the truth.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good stuff Marc! sad but true....

As good as it’s been, I believe the NFFL’s best days are ahead as we place a Jedi-like force field around the QB and receivers. Our responsibility in leading the league is to protect (eliminate defense) and enhance (score more points for fantasy players) the bond between our game and the passionate fans who sustain it but see it crashing all around them. We know we have to earn your trust (it’s gone) every day and prove we are worthy of your amazing support and billions of dollars.

Thread Information