Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodley's contract restructured to free up cap space

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    While I agree that all should be gone, what do we do at MILB without Farrior and Foote? Sylvester isn't the guy (I'm not sure Worlids is either, though I know he's outside.)

My personal feeling is to go out and get the next Farrior in free agency. A guy in his 30s that could start for us while we look to draft the MILB of the future. Farrior was a free agent, and he was a good pick up (I don't have any names to suggest. I'm not well versed at who's out there, who would be a good fit and what they could bring.)

We will need to have a blazing fast guy though, I think. With the success of the tight ends, we're going to see tight ends being drafted en masse (pure tight ends, big receivers can be moved, big backs that could be moved, small linemen that can be moved. People are going to go TE nuts and we need to have an excellent, fast, pass covering LB to negate them.)
    I'm at that point where I'm willing to fill out the defense with the draft and concentrate on the offense. I love defense, but it's a waste to spend too much energy on it when even if you end up with one of the best pass rushers, he gets held almost every down without it being called and when he hits someone, they fine him and or call a penalty.

I much prefer to work on the defensive backs if the Steelers want to spend any money on defense. A decent coverage guy to not leave the opposing team's #1 receiver open every time would be nice.

I want the offensive line repaired. I want to see Roethlisberger get 5 comfortable seconds in the pocket on almost every down like Eli and Brady, and many other QBs in the league get. And it's not just about fixing the run because the Patriots and Giants have zero rush and yet the line still keep the quarterback well protected.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I much prefer to work on the defensive backs if the Steelers want to spend any money on defense. A decent coverage guy to not leave the opposing team's #1 receiver open every time would be nice.
    Steeler needs on defense are not on in the secondary anymore. The guys we have can do the job (and they would be better if we could get some QB pressure). We need a nose and another line backer. Two guys who can step in and start game 1.

The OL absolutely needs help. A guard more than a tackle.

My feelings are that they should free up enough money to sign a solid guard to start and use the first pick on the best player between DLine and MILB.

I think more than anything, we need a really good draft. Steeler drafts have been OK, but have been missing on the 2nd and/or 3rd round picks too much. That needs to change.

--- Added 2/8/2012 at 03:07 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Steeler needs on defense are not on in the secondary anymore. The guys we have can do the job (and they would be better if we could get some QB pressure). We need a nose and another line backer. Two guys who can step in and start game 1.

The OL absolutely needs help. A guard more than a tackle.

My feelings are that they should free up enough money to sign a solid guard to start and use the first pick on the best player between DLine and MILB.

I think more than anything, we need a really good draft. Steeler drafts have been OK, but have been missing on the 2nd and/or 3rd round picks too much. That needs to change.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Steeler needs on defense are not on in the secondary anymore. The guys we have can do the job (and they would be better if we could get some QB pressure).
    We have someone who can get pressure, but he is held without any penalty calls and he is fines and or called for roughing when he brings the pressure. As someone wrote in the forum today, there is now an invisible force field placed around quarterbacks and receivers in the new "high-scoring for the casual fans" NFL. Our cornerbacks are almost never there to make the play. I rather have at least one that can stick to his receiver even if he ends up getting called for pass interference.

Thread Information