Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I'm Ben, My First Call is to Kurt Warner

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    If I'm Ben, the first call I make is to Haley. F Warner or Cassel. Ben needs to establish a relationship with the new OC, and start talking about what he wants from the offense and what type he'd like to be, so Haley would take that into consideration.
    lol...thank you.

According to Chris Mortensen's opinion, Ben and Haley will likely bond over golfing together?? That's fine. They are both professionals and should act in that manner. I trust that Ben will do that - if he has matured the way I think he has. I read that Larry Fitzgerald and Keyshawn Johnson (he coached him in one of his jobs) really like Haley - who knows? I saw a show with Keyshawn and Haley right after Haley was fired and it seemed like they had a decent relationship. I think those of you who say that Ben doesn't need a buddy are right. He needs a coach. Some of these other guys who were terrible as head coaches have gone back to being good coordinators - HC just isn't the right fit for a lot of people. Takes a lot of people and management skills a lot of guys don't have. I can't help but be excited - it's in the nature of being a fan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    I think those of you who say that Ben doesn't need a buddy are right.
    I think this fact is a bit overstated on this site. Many coordinators and players have buddy-buddy relationships. Coordinators are usually really young, and they are usually much closer with the players than the head coach. I can't count how many times I've seen players talking or arguing with coordinators on the sideline, but it just almost never happens with players and head coaches.

The coordinators can act like older brothers or even friends, it's the head coach that needs to keep everyone in check when $hit isn't right. If Arians and Roethlisberger were "too buddy-buddy" as many on here say, then it was Tomlin's job to step in and say, "Hey, motherf#&kers! Stop jerking each other off and put some f#%king points on the board before you both get bitch-slapped!"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Actually, the relationship between QB and OC should be that of mentor and pupil, where a close bond out of respect is formed. Ben and BA's relationship wasn't even close to that IMHO. Has anyone ever seen BA get pissed and yell and scream at Ben, if for anything else but to get Ben's head outta his ***?

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Actually, the relationship between QB and OC should be that of mentor and pupil, where a close bond out of respect is formed. Ben and BA's relationship wasn't even close to that IMHO. Has anyone ever seen BA get pissed and yell and scream at Ben, if for anything else but to get Ben's head outta his ***?
    I would equate a pupil/mentor relationship that results in a close bond to an older brother/younger brother relationship. If older brother and younger brother got too close, and the younger brother stops learning while the older brother stops teaching, then daddy needs to step in to fix the problem.

It's like any other workplace. If the assistant manager and a lower employee have gotten too close and both of their work has taken a hit, the manager in charge of both is just as responsible as thr assistant manager and the other employee because he is in charge of both.

You have Lebeau on defense, which means it basically runs independent of Tomlin. Special teams sucks. The offensive line sucks. Roethlisberger and Arians are supposedly jerking each other off instead of improving the inept offense. And the draft only takes place once a year. So then what the hell exactly is Tomlin doing?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Ben needs to understand that at the end of the day, he's an employee.

Peyton Manning is finding that out in a very rude manner.

Just follow orders and do your job to the best of your ability.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Ben needs to understand that at the end of the day, he's an employee.
    If he doesn't understand that, it's the job of the boss to make him understand that.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    If I'm Ben, the first call I make is to Haley. F Warner or Cassel. Ben needs to establish a relationship with the new OC, and start talking about what he wants from the offense and what type he'd like to be, so Haley would take that into consideration.
    My point is that a little knowledge goes a long way. Talking to Warner could help Ben's relationship with Haley before they first meet. I guess at least he'd know what to expect.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Roflol
    If I'm Ben.................I'd say all the right things when asked..... embrace the new coach, keep my mouth shut and play football. He's getting paid $100 million to play a kids game.

Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    If I'm Ben.................I'd say all the right things when asked..... embrace the new coach, keep my mouth shut and play football. He's getting paid $100 million to play a kids game.
    and workout a bit more to get back in shape. he needs to lead this team now.
    this is ben's time now...

Thread Information