Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sources confirm Todd Haley is the new Steelers offensive coordinator

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Great news; glad to see the Steelers go with a younger guy who understands where offense in the NFL is going. If he is given at least 2-3 yrs., Steelers could become an actual "elite offense," i.e. 27+ ppg.
    STEELSPIKES

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I HATE THIS MOVE!

Mark my words, this will be seen a bad move within two years. The guy is just not a team player!

To my knowledge, the Steelers have never had a guy at such a key coaching position who didn't fit the Steeler mold.....he is a pariah, a hip shooter, a loose cannon, a squeaky wheel, a hot head, .............I really don't like this!
    Last edited by Stone; 02-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Lol you're nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Lol you're nuts!
    I think he yelled at his mom once too...

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Lol you're nuts!
    LOL.....I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is......you?

--- Added 2/7/2012 at 12:29 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    I think he yelled at his mom once too...
    She deserved it! She spanked me! LOL

Todd Haley Named Offensive Coordinator

Posted 1 minute ago

The Pittsburgh Steelers have named Todd Haley as their new offensive coordinator, it was announced today.

“I am excited about the opportunity to come back home and work for a tremendous organization,” Haley said. “It is an honor to work with the Rooney family and Coach Tomlin and continue the success that has become synonymous with the Steelers. My father has so many fond memories both from his playing days and his time in the personnel department with the team, and I look forward to helping bring more championships to Pittsburgh and to being a part of one of the storied franchises in the NFL.”

Haley has spent 17 years in the NFL, including the last 15 as a coach after his career began as a scouting assistant. He joins the Steelers after spending the majority of the last three seasons as the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Haley led the Chiefs to the greatest single-season turnaround in franchise history, winning the AFC West in 2010 by recording six more victories than in 2009. For leading Kansas City to its first division title since 2003, Haley was voted by former players and coaches as the NFL Alumni Coach of the Year.

Prior to joining the Chiefs, Haley was the offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals from 2007-08. In his second season Haley helped the Cardinals win their first division title since 1975 and earn a spot in the franchise’s first Super Bowl (XLIII). Haley’s offense recorded a franchise record 427 points and became the fifth team in NFL history to have three receivers eclipse 1,000 yards in the same season. Haley has also served as an assistant coach for the Dallas Cowboys (2004-06), Chicago Bears (2001-03) and the New York Jets (1997-2000), helping each team earn a playoff berth.

He is the son of Dick Haley, who spent 44 seasons in the NFL including serving as the Steelers’ director of player personnel from 1971-90.

My Mood
    Fine
    Whiz & BEn didn't get along and we were a balanced team with some trick plays. Can't wait to see what Haley can do with this teams talent.

Rookie Free Agent
    He seems like a winner where ever he goes. It helped him to have the right tools. The last season at KC he did not have the weapons he had the previous season with all the injuries. I guess he cannot use that excuse for the Steelers.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't say I'm surprised that they aren't going to have a press conference. I was hoping they would but considering how poorly this process has gone with the drama surrounding Arians departure they just want to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I HATE THIS MOVE!

Mark my words, this will be seen a bad move within two years. The guy is just not a team player!

To my knowledge, the Steelers have never had a guy at such a key coaching position who didn't fit the Steeler mold.....he is a pariah, a hip shooter, a loose cannon, a squeaky wheel, a hot head, .............I really don't like this!
    Not sure if serious...

Thread Information