Thread: member spotlight - SteelCityVoice

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Smokin

member spotlight - SteelCityVoice

Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

SteelCityVoice

How long have you been a Steeler fan? Since I was born (1978)

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? Other than being born into Steeler Nation, I loved watching the games with my dad on the weekends. He was always very busy with his job so it was the one day of the week we definitely got to spend together.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Troy Polamalu

Why are they your favorite player? He is so unpredictable but makes huge plays that make you go wow. Plus he is probably one of the most humble individuals you'll meet.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? I always thought Greg Lloyd was a beast.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? The 2005 Playoff run. 3 road games and the Super Bowl. The first Super Bowl I was able to experience other than as a tiny baby. It just felt awesome to finally experience what the older generation got to see in the 70's.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? I love hockey and arena football.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I voiced the commercial for TribLive Radio and wanted to see the site for myself. Advertising works ;-)

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? Very passionate fans here, and I don't see the forum trolling I see at the Steelers.com message board. Plus this forum works! Also I love the Podcasts with local media people as well as the game breakdowns. Just a ton of good stuff here at SA.

What do you do for a living? I am a courier for Giant Eagle, plus i am an aspiring broadcaster. I cover the Pittsburgh Power and Pitt Panthers for TribLive Radio, and I am a PA announcer too.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? Unlike the rest of my family, i was born in Long Beach, California.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? People have always told me I have a great radio voice.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? 2011 Buick Regal

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I need to lose some weight.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Top interest is raising my 9 month old son Nicholas to be a Pittsburgh sports fan. I love blogging, playing texas hold-em poker, and acapella music.

Favorite TV show(s)? The Sing-Off, American Idol, X-Factor, Biggest Loser, Law & Order (All of them...)

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? PC: Pokerstars, World Of Warcraft, Star Trek Online

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? Definitely a family thing. Italians would have it no other way.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Check my fantasy football lineups, last minute injury stuff, and enjoy the game.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Love coca-cola and the usual food is pizza if we're at home, or whatever the party has if we go out.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? Probably about 10

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? I really miss Three Rivers Stadium, being able to pound your feet on the metal floor and make a ton of noise.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? The Immaculate Reception began the dynasty.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? Hopefully this year.

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Need to get younger on defense, and fix the offensive line.
    Last edited by steelersgal86; 02-06-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Smokin
    great interview thanks for sharing

Thanks for the sig Flea

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    great job on these spotlights gal
    Last edited by steelersgal86; 02-06-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks for posting. Nicholas is now a year old. And we still need to get younger on defense and fix the offensive line :-)
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm so far behind on replying to this one, my humble apologies Dom! Thanks for sharing with us man we really appreciate it!

For anyone that needs any more convincing, Dom is a great blogger of course but also the next big thing in broadcasting! Just don't forget about us little people when you make it big man!

My Mood
    Love
    Cool Interview. Nicely Done.

Thread Information