Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers players jumping in on Patriots loss

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The point is Ryan Clark wasnt a member of the Steelers in 2001 or 2004 when the Steelers lost to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game is why it's annoying. The Patriots doing what they did had no affect on Clark because he wasnt playing for the Steelers when this all went down. Clark is annoying and I know over the last year or so he has lost a lot of the Steelers fans respect with some of his ridiculous arrogant comments.
    I see what you are saying but also you have to realize that these guys are so proud to be Steelers. Even if they were not on that team dont you think that one day they would want to say to their kids or something "i played on the Steelers thats the team that Won 8 superbowls and your dad helped them win two of those." I dont know it just seems like they have more of a right to say something then everyone else except the guys who were on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    no offense to everyone but if twitter was around when cowher was still coaching i guarantee we'd be seeing a lot of the same stuff from our boys. you mean to tell me peezy or lee flowers wouldn't be chirping on twitter? come on now. this isn't a "mike tomlin character" thing, it's league wide. hell, it's sports wide. it's the generation of player and the new technology that wasn't around years ago........
    This is the truest statement about the whole subject. Twitter wasn't big or even around when maost of it all happened!! This is all about the new fangled devices and having access to what the players are thinking at any given moment or just them putting stuff out there to get a reaction !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    This is the truest statement about the whole subject. Twitter wasn't big or even around when maost of it all happened!! This is all about the new fangled devices and having access to what the players are thinking at any given moment or just them putting stuff out there to get a reaction !!
    and let's not forget, several of our current and former players have publicly stated they felt spygate played a part in 01 and 04, peezy, hines and the bus being 3 of them. it just annoys me when people act like it's tomlin's fault guys tweet. every single team has guys tweeting stupid ****. there's only so much you can do to control it

Starter
    Remember it is Twitter, and one needs to actively seek out the message or follow the Tweets. It is not like they are renting billboards and running commercials, or calling SI. Even so, they do sound pretty stupid sometimes.

This reinforces my theory that internet is making a percentage of the population stupid. And don't worry - myself included sometimes.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    STFU, it's one thing for us fans but to hear our players running at the mouth is just sore Tebow'd losers IMO!
    Why? They are people the same as we are! The only difference is their quotes go mainstream and ours don't!

Draft Pick
    Probably one reason why the Pro Bowl effort was so lazy. I know that players do not go 100% in that game, but a better effort could have been displayed if they weren't so interested in being able to use Twitter on the sidelines during the game.

I have nothing against anyone that uses Twitter, but for the record, I think it is stupid as hell and I would never use it or follow anyone that tweets. I even hate the word tweet. JMO

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    no offense to everyone but if twitter was around when cowher was still coaching i guarantee we'd be seeing a lot of the same stuff from our boys. you mean to tell me peezy or lee flowers wouldn't be chirping on twitter? come on now. this isn't a "mike tomlin character" thing, it's league wide. hell, it's sports wide. it's the generation of player and the new technology that wasn't around years ago........

Could you imagine if Greg Lloyd had twitter or even Jack Lambert? The controversy would be 10x what it is now when Harrison or Clark say something.

Thread Information