Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodell wants more primetime games & league expansion

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The expansion of the package assures that every NFL team will have at least one game during prime time television hours. In addition, every club will play on one Thursday following a Sunday game.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the ratings on that St. Louis vs Tampa Bay game. Gonna be a good 12, 13 people watching that aren't related to the coaches or players.

--- Added 2/3/2012 at 06:54 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few people that just don't like the Thursday night games.
    The problem that I have with Thursday night games is that they show them on the NFL network, which my cable company doesn't carry. They mind as well show them at 2AM in the morning for all the good it does me (I think they did change this though for next year.)

Starter
    This will water down the league. Look at baseball and basketball, and even hockey. So many games and nobody gives a crap about 2/3 of them, at least until the end of the season.

More games, more players, and more coverage. That will water down product and spread things out way to thin. But what do I know, I am just a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    This will water down the league. Look at baseball and basketball, and even hockey. So many games and nobody gives a crap about 2/3 of them, at least until the end of the season.

More games, more players, and more coverage. That will water down product and spread things out way to thin. But what do I know, I am just a fan.
    Im a bulls fan and ordered the nba package this year. I find it great seeing alot of nba games in a short amount of time. I kind of like watching basketball more than football. You dont have as many commercials, and the officiating is better(ring ring to Mr. Goodell, make them fulltime refs). I love the steelers more than the bulls, but the games are more enjoyable to watch imho

Starter
    My language was too strong, which was used to make my point. I should not have siad "nobody." I should have said "most." You are an exception, I would categorize you as a vested follower.

I still standby my statement, that too much product will lessen demand.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Im a bulls fan and ordered the nba package this year. I find it great seeing alot of nba games in a short amount of time. I kind of like watching basketball more than football. You dont have as many commercials, and the officiating is better(ring ring to Mr. Goodell, make them fulltime refs). I love the steelers more than the bulls, but the games are more enjoyable to watch imho

screw roger goddell

My Mood
    Addicted
    i hate thursday night games.
    i hate sunday night games.
    i hate monday night games.

the league was built on sunday afternoon games. why fix what isn't broken? yeah, i know monday night games have been around a long time, but i still can't stand them, and the only time i watch them is when the steelers are playing.

and i hate roger goodell. let him move to the UK and start an american football league and leave this one the hell alone.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Goodell should jump off a really really really tall building..
    ... and land square on his head.

It's hard enough staying up to watch monday night football then getting up tuesday morning to go to work, now we have to do it twice a week.

Why does this idiot have to continue to f&%k with a good thing?

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    The problem that I have with Thursday night games is that they show them on the NFL network, which my cable company doesn't carry. They mind as well show them at 2AM in the morning for all the good it does me (I think they did change this though for next year.)
    It's hard enough staying up to watch monday night football then getting up tuesday morning to go to work, now we have to do it twice a week.
    I don't mind Thursday/Sunday/Monday night games since I'm in the mountain time zone, but if I was east coast, that would suck staying up late to watch a game then have to go to work the next day.

Most cable companies provide the NFL network for small extra charge, if not, switch to satellite like DirecTV or Dish. Or do what alot of people do and just watch it for free online, websites like firstrowsports.eu stream every football game. I used that website several times to watch the Steelers games, worked fine every time. As long as you have a decent internet connection, it will be fine. If you want to check out the quality, go to the website right now and click on AM. Football and then click on NFL Network. They stream the NFL Network 24/7.
    Last edited by Steelers/PSU Fan; 02-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think eventually you'll see the Monday games on NFL network too. It would make sense for them to do it so they can control that aspect more than they already do; primetime games.

Trust me, it does suck for us east coasters, when they go till midnight or 1 am and then you have to get up for work the next day...yuck! It's especially bad when the Steelers are playing because I'm so torqued up from the game, win or lose, that I can't sleep..lol

Thread Information