Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger & Lewis friends? No doubt about it

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Roethlisberger & Lewis friends? No doubt about it

For as much as we fans of the Steelers hate the Ravens and their fans, and certainly vice versa, you sometimes forget that these players don't all hate each other. Now certainly there are some that have no love loss for a bitter rival but many of these guys are friends off the field, work out together, or at the very least respect each other.

On his friendship with another Any Era member, Ben Roethlisberger:

"Every time we see each other, you're going to always see -- nobody [has] never noticed it -- but any time we play each other, I put my hand over my heart and he puts his hand over his heart, and we give each other the nod -- warriors going at it -- whatever it takes. And that's the ultimate respect, because when you see guys back in the day, they gave that respect. That's what the game was always built upon. That's what makes the [rivalry] so fierce, because back then, when you looked at the old-school Dallas Cowboys and the old-school San Francisco 49ers, you knew what you were getting, but they respected each other so much. Today, when you think about a Ben Roethlisberger and me, you think about old-school mentalities, no matter what it is. That's why, every time -- win, lose or draw -- we're going to always be friends."

Draft Pick
    Both fake rich scumbags in my book. They are both great football players but both 100% fake as they come

Both criminals that shared lawyers!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Is what it is.... They have much in common in terms of off-field improprieties and if this is their bond so be it. I do however expect Ben to end this two-game losing streak against the murderer, errrrrrrr, alleged murderer.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Harsh words people.....shame

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

TSG, sorry but IMO Ben's a slimeball! He's our QB so I support him but if he was on another team I'd hate him! Sorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    TSG, sorry but IMO Ben's a slimeball! He's our QB so I support him but if he was on another team I'd hate him! Sorry!!
    Id have to agree, I would hate Ben as bad as any raven if he were on a different squad. I remember reading an article in sports illustrated about how bad and ignorant Ben was in pittsburgh a couple seasons ago. Not paying at restaraunts, asking pregnant waitresses who knocked them up and so on. The guy just seems fake as hell to me. Hes a steeler though, so I cant hate.

My son's teacher actually went to college with Ben and the two of them were teamed up on a project she can remember how big of a toolbag he was then...

Draft Pick
    Yea that's all I was trying to say I think they are both great at what they do,but you can see how fake both of these guys are. They are probably best friends

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wow interesting comments from anyone. Ben used to have a huge ego and be a bit of a snob, I get that. He still has an ego, what NFL player doesn't? He's come back to earth since those problems in Tahoe and Georgia. His teammates love him he has the respect of the NFL whether they actually like him or not.

I personally can't stand Ray Lewis either but if he were on the Steelers everyone would love him. It's the fact that he's had a checkered past and plays for the Ravens. I see where these 2 get along having much in common like that.

Thread Information