Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade James Harrison to save cap room?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Steelers should just trade Harrison & Farrior to SF for A Smith, P Wllis, & their first rounder.
    I've some ocean front property in Ohio I'd be willing to throw in too!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We have a ton of age on this team and we are over the cap big time.

There are some very tough decisions that are going to have to be made in the next 4-6 months and we can't be fearful. We have always been able to find LB when we've needed to and I have faith that Worilds can be a great LB with another good off-season and camp under his belt. At some point, youth has to be served. Change is never comfortable; but often neccessary.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Im not gonna blast this kid b/c I do think Harrison is overrated. Maybe just his back but hes wasnt himself last year. Hes had decent to good numbers, but Im not sold on him. Never have been including his monsterous year when he was DPOY. I watched him play. I cant be sold on him from the "eye-ball test". His biggest play of his career was admittedly a blown assignment and the ball was thrown right to him (Super Bowl INT TD). But hey its better to be lucky than good. Fact is he read it wrong and was supposed to rush the QB. (Glad he was wrong tho, dont get me wrong!) Hes not very bright and is now 33 with a bad back, coming off a injury riddled season.

Trading him might be an option, but it wouldnt do us any good bc we would have to draft a OLB with one of our first few picks. So I dont see how that would improve our team. While Im not a huge head over heels Harrison fan, I do acknowledge that he is still one of the better OLBs in the game. Just dont agree that he is #1 like many feel and I don't agree w/ the $ he was paid, but most athletes are overpaid anyways...

So I guess im just ranting, lol.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Kevin Colbert has to look at every possible way to help this team in the short term and the long term. Harrison has how many productive years left...2? Having back issues and being in his mid 30's maybe dealing him now before he starts to decline should be looked at. I'm not saying trade him just to trade him. However if you can get a mid 1st round pick for him it should at least be thought about.

You answered the question for most GMs out there. No ones is giving up a first rounder

Think before you post.. good Lord

Veteran
    Oh for ****s sake. More of this?

Starter
    I know, I am waiting for a "Should we trade Rooney?" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Oh for ****s sake. More of this?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I know, I am waiting for a "Should we trade Rooney?" thread.
    I'd be interested if we knew for sure that we could get Jerry Jones and a second round draft pick...lol

My Mood
    Manic
    I don't think we could trade Harrison outright he would have to a part of a bundle to maximize his value so say Ziggy Hood,James Harrison,Doug Legursky,Rashad Mendenhall,Emanuelle Sanders and David johnson to the JETS for Aaron Maybin,Kendrick Ellis,Matt slauson,Darrelle Revis.Something like that.But I'm not a GM and this is pretty out there but if it ever went down our LB'S could rush the passer all day that would be unfair revis clark polamalu Taylor FTW

LOL...............................

Really all we have to do is cut Chris Kemoeatu 2,392,332
    Farrior 2,825,000
    Foote 3,000,000
    Smith 2,109,191
    B-Mac 2,500,000
    Battle 1,037,500
    --------------------------
    13,864,023 off the cap
    now if you add Casey Hampton to the equation
    Big Snak 5,890,000
    --------------------
    19,754,023 off the cap
    add some Hines ward 3,390,000

23,144,023 off the cap
    only1,855,977 over the cap and we move the youngsters up and slide the rookies up a notch
    Chances are they will restructure some of these players deals so it won't be this dramatic
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 02-01-2012 at 10:43 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    The only reason this is far-fetched is because the NFL doesn't trade like the NBA. No one is going to touch JH with his salary, back issues, age, mileage and his rep for "illegal hitting."

If we learned anything this season about James its that no matter how much we scream he isn't going to get the holding calls we believe he should. He was still pretty productive even without Wood on the other side.

I understand the thinking with trading James for financial reasons but it isn't going to happen.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    The only reason this is far-fetched is because the NFL doesn't trade like the NBA. No one is going to touch JH with his salary, back issues, age, mileage and his rep for "illegal hitting."

If we learned anything this season about James its that no matter how much we scream he isn't going to get the holding calls we believe he should. He was still pretty productive even without Wood on the other side.

I understand the thinking with trading James for financial reasons but it isn't going to happen.
    Raiders would love him! lol

Thread Information