Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade James Harrison to save cap room?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Trade James Harrison to save cap room?

With the Steelers 25 million over the cap next year and because of his age, would you trade James Harrison for a 1st and maybe 3rd round pick? The Steelers are going to make some hard decisions on Farrior, Foote, Hampton etc, etc to get under the salary cap. If say Dallas who could use a edge rusher opposite D. Ware offered the 14th overall pick and their 3rd rounder would you say yes? It would save around 6 million and possible get you David DeCastro plus another 3rd round pick.

HELL NO!!!
    He's one of the few guys we have left with balls. As a matter of fact, I think the way he hits people and plays pissed off, Rooney should pay his fines for him. Harrison is the modern black Jack Lambert.

so who could step in? jason worilds? lmao

if a team offered a first rounder id take it in a heartbeat....no way dallas would offer the 14th pick AND a 3rd rounder for a 33 year old OLB with back problems

My Mood
    Addicted
    please let this be your first and last post on this forum

Trade Reg3835!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Harrison's deal always counts heavily against the cap but he's still an integral part of the team. Like Ktrain said, there's nobody there to take his place right now capable of producing a pass rush like he can.

Nobody would give up a 1st round pick for Harrison at his age however they might give up a 2nd but you better make damn sure you use that pick on his replacement. That being said it wouldn't happen; they'll find other ways to trim their cap number.

Easy there man it's a fair question to ask and something others have said too, although unlikely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    please let this be your first and last post on this forum

it would have to be a trade to a team that the refs let off the hook, so harrison can play football. his hands are tied with us. The Pats or Packers could use him... he wouldnt get flagged to much there.

Rookie Free Agent
    Kevin Colbert has to look at every possible way to help this team in the short term and the long term. Harrison has how many productive years left...2? Having back issues and being in his mid 30's maybe dealing him now before he starts to decline should be looked at. I'm not saying trade him just to trade him. However if you can get a mid 1st round pick for him it should at least be thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    it would have to be a trade to a team that the refs let off the hook, so harrison can play football. his hands are tied with us. The Pats or Packers could use him... he wouldnt get flagged to much there.

Dude.......could you imagine trading Harrison to the Pats for just one day? He could go into practice, rip Brady bitches head off and be back in Pittsburgh in under 3 hours. Damn, talk about a wet dream. I gotta go clean myself.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Looking at the whole picture,

I'd seriously considering moving Harrison. I love him but if you think about his back issues, coupled with his age, coupled with the salary cap issue, and add it that he's targeted by the league which makes us a targeted team too, I'd move him for a 5th rounder. Seriously. I believe in moving a guy a year too early then a year too late.

And if you look at our history, that's what we've always done. We let Porter go, We did it to the other LB (blond who went to Carolina..can't think of his name right now). I say
    we move him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information