Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LeBeau/Defense Getting a Free Pass?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    We will reload and be fine...

Did Lebeau screw up (vs Den), sure. But hes been right 10 fold over being wrong. Does he deserve to lose his job as many of you have suggested? Hell no, regardless of age he is the best D Cord to ever wear a headset. Plain and simple...

IMO the lackluster D is the fault of the FO not Dick. The FO didnt weed out the old/slow/incompetent guys on the D side of the ball. Usually we only have those type guys on the OL The FO tried to squeeze one last ounce of production while trying to be as loyal as a franchise can be to vet players. It didnt work... and know the writing is on the wall for change... check that... a "youth movement". If the like of Sylvester isnt ready to contribute, he needs to go. Likewise with the young DB's.

Bottom Line: STEP UP OR STEP OUT!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Fine
    I think they should of forced retired both Arians & LeBeau. Its time for Keith Butler to be the DC and maybe we could get our younger LB on the field.
    SOmeone said maybe The Steelers asked LeBeau to stay because they knew they were getting ride of Arians and didn't want to completely change on both sides of the ball in the same off season. I say MAKE THE CHANGE AND LIGHT A FIRE UNDER THE TEAMS A$$.
    Carnell lake worked wonders so let Keith Run the Defense NOW and Hire Haley not Alex Van Pelt.

Veteran
    The defense had some major problems this year. Third down conversions were an issue, as was pressure on the QB and they didn't turn the other team over as much as usual.

However, LeBeau is getting a pass, because overall, they were still the #1 rated defense in the league. And that's with injuries to Smith, Woodley, and Kiesel, and Harrioson not being 100% because of his back and not being able to prepare as usual, Troy missing time.

We saw how many games trying to figure out who the OLB was going to be, with Ironhead and Ziggy getting pressed into duty.

He had a bad game in Denver, without question, but overall, he still had a hell of a year. Arians, not so much. His departure was long over due.

Draft Pick

it was lack of turnovers

nothing to complain giving up 14 a game, but it was the (lack of ) turnovers that cost us this yr unequivically.....and thats part why we only scored 20 a game as TO's ussually give field position...and TO's or lack of them are typically abberations and not poor play, as fumble and Fumble rrecoveries are some luck...thats why Betters always say bet AGAINST the team that had the most Turnovers the previous yr. (this yr 49ers +28 TO differential)..and vice versa....so we buck that trend and it may not be as bad as u think next year, albeit losing key D verterans will have its ups and downs

FWIW the patriots were a +17 TO differential ranking 3rd in the league and we
    were -13 thats part why their in Indy..along with an easy eschedule and lee evans

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    nothing to complain giving up 14 a game, but it was the (lack of ) turnovers that cost us this yr unequivically.....
    I agree. The lack of turn overs is directly related to the lack of pressure on the QB (so can the 3rd down conversions.) Pressure on the QB was the biggest problem for the Steelers this year, both offensively (stopping it) and defensively (getting some.)

My Mood
    Doubtful
    Because of weak offensive scoring, Steelers are more vulnerable than are other teams when inevitable defensive lapses occur. A better offense combined with the consistently elite defensive units is the recipe for success.
    STEELSPIKES

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Because of weak offensive scoring, Steelers are more vulnerable than are other teams when inevitable defensive lapses occur. A better offense combined with the consistently elite defensive units is the recipe for success.
    Oh the other hand, a defense that creates a lot of turn overs makes more scoring opportunities for the team and increases the scoring.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think he does get a bit of a free pass when you think about. He's got the track record to prove he knows what he's doing. I admit the defense wasn't adjusting in that Denver. Honestly the gameplan originally was sound, I had the same idea, you stack the line to stop the run and force Tebow to throw. However when he started to have success they should have backed off more.

I'm not ready to say he's washed up by any means, and I think some youth on defense in the front 7 will help him accomplish what he wants.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Oh the other hand, a defense that creates a lot of turn overs makes more scoring opportunities for the team and increases the scoring.
    We sure did suck in the takeaway department this year. The team got behind the 8ball in that opening loss to Baltimore and just never recovered. 7 turnovers in 1 game by the offense, that's just horrendous.

There were times during the season when guys like Polamalu or Gay or Ike Taylor had chances to make interceptions and just couldn't do it. I can also say that it seemed like those chances were fewer and farther between than I'm used to seeing. That could have been the difference in winning another game and maybe things are different now.

Our d played way better than our o.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thread Information