Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adams or Zeitler in the 1st round

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Adams or Zeitler in the 1st round

NFL Draft Countdown usually does a pretty good mock, they have their first round up. The Steelers going with KEVIN ZEITLER, OG, Wisconsin and MIKE ADAMS, OT, Ohio State to the Lions just ahead of us.

hate zeitler in 1...if decastro, glenn, konz, and adams are all gone im fine waiting til the scond for zeitler, washington, osemele, or brewster in 2 and address MLB, NT, CB or something in round one...hate the idea of reaching for a guard just to get a guard

Gonna have to go against ya on that one K Train. To get a good, and I mean good guard, not only would I snag one in the first round......I'd probably dance naked during halftime at the SB, pimp out my mom, vote Democrat, and march in the next gay pride parade. Seriously, we gotta fix that line.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    Gonna have to go against ya on that one K Train. To get a good, and I mean good guard, not only would I snag one in the first round......I'd probably dance naked during halftime at the SB, pimp out my mom, vote Democrat, and march in the next gay pride parade. Seriously, we gotta fix that line.
    ok, but what makes you say zeitler is that guy? i dont think he is by any stretch of the imagination...id rather reach hard for osemele or brandon washington than take zeitler

and id be all down for adams, glenn, or konz in round 1....but zeitler would infuriate me, i know hes better than kraig urbik but i still have urbik nightmares

Adams is a legit franchise LT prospect, could play on either side and plays violent and is a legit 6-7 tackle that is an insane athlete. Konz in a technitian and win his battles based on sound fundenmentals but also plays with a nasty demeanor i would love him at center and pouncey at guard, but even konz at guard would be ok with me. and i am really starting to buy into glenn, the dude carries that 350 very well and is just a mauler but also has the feet to sub in at tackle if needed.

Right now oline prospects for me go:

Matt Kalil
    Mike Adams
    David Decastro
    Reily Reiff
    Cordy Glenn
    Peter Konz
    Jonathan Martin
    K. Osemele
    Brandon Washington
    Mike Brewster
    Kevin Zeitler

so yeah, zeitler at 24 would **** me off...but by all means go pimp out your mom and go gay

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    You NEVER reach for a player no matter the need.
    Reaching makes you bad quickly.

Draft for need only when the player's grade matches the draft slot.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok, but what makes you say zeitler is that guy? i dont think he is by any stretch of the imagination...id rather reach hard for osemele or brandon washington than take zeitler

and id be all down for adams, glenn, or konz in round 1....but zeitler would infuriate me, i know hes better than kraig urbik but i still have urbik nightmares

Adams is a legit franchise LT prospect, could play on either side and plays violent and is a legit 6-7 tackle that is an insane athlete. Konz in a technitian and win his battles based on sound fundenmentals but also plays with a nasty demeanor i would love him at center and pouncey at guard, but even konz at guard would be ok with me. and i am really starting to buy into glenn, the dude carries that 350 very well and is just a mauler but also has the feet to sub in at tackle if needed.

Right now oline prospects for me go:

Matt Kalil
    Mike Adams
    David Decastro
    Reily Reiff
    Cordy Glenn
    Peter Konz
    Jonathan Martin
    K. Osemele
    Brandon Washington
    Mike Brewster
    Kevin Zeitler

so yeah, zeitler at 24 would **** me off...but by all means go pimp out your mom and go gay

I think this list shows that there will be decent guards available when we pick in the second. I would use the first to address another need. Any reach in the first would be wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing them trade up or something, but reaching for a guard in this draft just wouldn't be right.

My Mood
    Manic
    Zeitler is a high to mid 2nd round pick like Train said we might as well pack it in if we chose him at 24. I was thinking we could dangle a veteran or two in front of Arizona or san diego and move up and take Decastro but i'm prolly dreaming so I could live with Adams although i still think we are solid at the tackles if we keep colon around.My choice would be Konz but he may stay in school in that case and if Adams is gone i would go with glenn he showed good versatility and was oozing nasty at the senior bowl he threw Q couples on the ground more than once i mean blew him up off his feet and planted him like a zinnia

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Zeitler is a high to mid 2nd round pick like Train said we might as well pack it in if we chose him at 24. I was thinking we could dangle a veteran or two in front of Arizona or san diego and move up and take Decastro but i'm prolly dreaming so I could live with Adams although i still think we are solid at the tackles if we keep colon around.My choice would be Konz but he may stay in school in that case and if Adams is gone i would go with glenn he showed good versatility and was oozing nasty at the senior bowl he threw Q couples on the ground more than once i mean blew him up off his feet and planted him like a zinnia
    isnt the deadline to return to school for declared prospects passed?

My Mood
    Manic
    I'M not sure but Mayock keeps saying if he declares he will be a first rder

the deadline was january 15th, i think theres a week window after that to return to school but the only player i ever remember doing that was michael oher.

konz is coming out, but i fear the lions are gonna snag him at 23

Thread Information