Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough Is Enough

Bookmark and Share

Enough Is Enough

Good afternoon everyone... i just signed up so this is my first post... First and for most. I wish people would lay off Tomlin and Big Ben. Since Tomlin came in as Head Coach, he has done nothing but good for this Steeler Nation.. No one is perfect. But if you put into account the success he has had as our head coach.. he is not that bad Or far from it... if anyone thinks it was up to tomlin to say BA has retired.. you r wrong..Everyone knows that came down from the front office and not him.. So please stop putting the blame on him... i understand naturally that being a head coach puts u into that lime light but its not needed.. Now on Ben yes he is one the the best qb's we had in a long time.. and yes he does has his faults like holding on to the ball for too long..But if we did not have him or his play making ability we would still have only 4 rings.. again thats just my opinion. yes he has had off the feild issue but who hasnt at his game play level.. Im not jumping all over my fellow steeler fans or nothing like that... it just upsets me when every time i get a Steelers Alert it seems like its always negitive.. We are the STEELER NATION Best fans in the league... So lets please act like it. Steelers to the DEATH!!!!
    P.S. People call Ben a baby now for wanting to keep BA, when ur with someone that is apart of the team like a OC for as long as they were together u dont want to see them leave. Example Joey Porter...( Now me personally i do think it was time to move on. BA was getting to predictiable)... All i am saying is please give the guys a break...Everyone knows the Steelers are the most consistant team in the league, They r a very hated team by many becuase of how good they are... and it will always be like that now and forever. Thanks guys. i need to get that off my chest..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ok I'll bite.. first off Welcome to SA! Glad to have you on board

As far as Tomlin goes, this is a key time for him. He's getting the chance to really hire his first serious assistant coach. Everybody knows he held onto Arians too long but that's water under the bridge now. What people question about him is his game management. That's clearly something he needs to improve.

As far as Ben goes, everybody here loves Ben, he's the best QB this team has ever had. I firmly believe that. Ben has a history of being a bit of a drama queen but his toughness and ability on the field can never be questioned.

My Mood
    Manic
    There is no doubt that drama follows Ben but the word Queen should never be included as an adjective to describe the toughest QB in the last 20 years. As far as Tomlin goes i think he has done a good job.However i think he has been on auto pilot a bit because of the talent that Bill Cower left him.

It is clear by Arians culling our coaching staff that he's holding a bit of a resentment next he will try to trade Manning for Big Ben (I'm Joking of course) BA will be busy ruining Andrew Luck's career
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-31-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Tomlin and Ben suck, cut and fire them both!

Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Tonedareff View Post
    Good afternoon everyone... i just signed up so this is my first post... First and for most. I wish people would lay off Tomlin and Big Ben. Since Tomlin came in as Head Coach, he has done nothing but good for this Steeler Nation.. No one is perfect. But if you put into account the success he has had as our head coach.. he is not that bad Or far from it... if anyone thinks it was up to tomlin to say BA has retired.. you r wrong..Everyone knows that came down from the front office and not him.. So please stop putting the blame on him... i understand naturally that being a head coach puts u into that lime light but its not needed.. Now on Ben yes he is one the the best qb's we had in a long time.. and yes he does has his faults like holding on to the ball for too long..But if we did not have him or his play making ability we would still have only 4 rings.. again thats just my opinion. yes he has had off the feild issue but who hasnt at his game play level.. Im not jumping all over my fellow steeler fans or nothing like that... it just upsets me when every time i get a Steelers Alert it seems like its always negitive.. We are the STEELER NATION Best fans in the league... So lets please act like it. Steelers to the DEATH!!!!
    P.S. People call Ben a baby now for wanting to keep BA, when ur with someone that is apart of the team like a OC for as long as they were together u dont want to see them leave. Example Joey Porter...( Now me personally i do think it was time to move on. BA was getting to predictiable)... All i am saying is please give the guys a break...Everyone knows the Steelers are the most consistant team in the league, They r a very hated team by many becuase of how good they are... and it will always be like that now and forever. Thanks guys. i need to get that off my chest..
    Do you feel better now ?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    There is no doubt that drama follows Ben but the word Queen should never be included as an adjective to describe the toughest QB in the last 20 years. As far as Tomlin goes i think he has done a good job.However i think he has been on auto pilot a bit because of the talent that Bill Cower left him.

It is clear by Arians culling our coaching staff that he's holding a bit of a resentment next he will try to trade Manning for Big Ben (I'm Joking of course) BA will be busy ruining Andrew Luck's career

That's a good point, Tomlin had himself a super bowl caliber club when he took over. He had a coaching staff in place that knew what they were doing. He just had to basically not mess it up to be quite honest. That's not to diminish the role of him being a head coach but the veteran ball club he had knew what they needed to do.

He has begun the process of building a new team and has done very well drafting as such so far. Now his next mark will be to add coaches he feels are worthy of being in Pittsburgh.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    This year you will definitely know the real Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger. Ben ain't no drama queen. Enough is Enough will never be enough on this board. I can guarantee it.
    Developing...

And their fans.

[QUOTE=Tonedareff;482176] if anyone thinks it was up to tomlin to say BA has retired.. you r wrong..Everyone knows that came down from the front office and not him.. So please stop putting the blame on him... QUOTE]

Welcome to the site Tonedareff
    I don't know if you just miss typed that or if you meant it but, I don't thank anyone here is blameing Tomlin for getting rid of Aryans. Whoever made the decision to get rid of Aryans is a hero to most of us. If Tomlin gets any heat over the whole "Aryans" thing it would be because he hung on to him for too long.
    Either way, with Aryans gone now we'll get to see what Tomlin, Ben, and the whole Steelers team can really do.

I think that's part of the problem with Tomlin - that Arian's departure had to come from the FO. That he doesn't tell his players (BEN) who's boss. Doesn't look at this star QB highly immobile and tells him to sit his *** done and get healed for the playoffs. Sorry, not a big Tomlin fan - game management and game planning very suspect. He talks a good game, but needs to get better. Awdesome team, awesome owners - coaching in my book needs to improve.

Banned
    Tim Tebows throwing motion > Tomlin clock management

welcome

Thread Information