Thread: Colts hire Goodwin as their Offensive Line Coach

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Colts hire Goodwin as their Offensive Line Coach

Looks like Tomlin will have to add another coach to his staff this offseason as now former offensive assistant Harold Goodwin signs with the Colts, joining the infamous Bruce Arians.

As reported by Mark Kaboly -

MarkKaboly_Trib I know it's not Sid Crosby news but Colts hire #steelers assistant offensive line coach Harold Goodwin as their offensive line coach.
    Goodwin helped out with the offensive line, tape breakdown, and overall gameplanning with the coaches.

Veteran
    BA will likely take a few coaches with him. That's OK, we need some new blood anyway.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Fortunately I think on defense we'll be fine coaching wise. Olsavsky could leave for a more prominent position on another team but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Offensively I think the new blood at Coordinator and Offensive assistant will indeed bring fresh ideas to the team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Offensively I think the new blood at Coordinator and Offensive assistant will indeed bring fresh ideas to the team.
    That's what I'm hoping for. Having a good solid game plan that takes advantage of what the D is giving and smart halftime adjustments will go a long way for the offense. As will someone teaching Ben to get rid fo the ball more quickly than he does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. Having a good solid game plan that takes advantage of what the D is giving and smart halftime adjustments will go a long way for the offense. As will someone teaching Ben to get rid fo the ball more quickly than he does now.
    I don't think you'll ever teach Ben to get rid of the ball quicker - his inate way of performing. I think you CAN game-plan it in though. Look at the difference with Ben against the NE Pats this year - quick delivery, quick outs = win and a healthy QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    BA will likely take a few coaches with him. That's OK, we need some new blood anyway.
    Please feel free Bruce... All residual crap should be removed with BA.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by papabaier View Post
    I don't think you'll ever teach Ben to get rid of the ball quicker - his inate way of performing. I think you CAN game-plan it in though. Look at the difference with Ben against the NE Pats this year - quick delivery, quick outs = win and a healthy QB.

I agree that it's in Ben's nature, however, I don't think BA's gameplans really emphasized the quick release. In fact, his game plan at times seemed like it was, OK every one go out, Ben will run around and eventually find someone open.

If it was designed with quick passes in mind, the OL would look better, Ben would stay healthier and then when he really needed to, he could look for the broken play, instead of designing the gameplan that way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is a guy that helped out Sean Kugler quite a bit. Goodwin's main job was working with the OLine so Kugs will have to look for another assistant to step up and fill that role. You have to give Goodwin credit because he's been one of the main guys trying to get players ready to play virtually any position on the line. With all the injuries and sub par play, that musical chairs nightmare each week had to be rough.

Thread Information