Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Ward

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If he is happy coming back at veteran minimum and as the 4th or 5th receiver then bring him back, if not then you may see him in another uniform. Hines is one of my favorite Steelers of all time, but if Cotchery comes back, he would be the 5th best option.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Rumors have been tossed around that since Arians is no longer with the team, that may make Ward's decision to stick around for less money, easier. I'm sure he wasn't happy with the lack of playing time and since Arians was calling the plays, you can see the correlation there.

If it comes down to eitehr Cotchery or Ward, you have to keep Cotchery and see if you can ink him to a 3 yr. deal or something.
    I agree Keep Cotchery on a 3 year deal and do it before free agency starts.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:24 PM ---

I love Ward but its time to retire. If Ward played special teams I'd say keep him but he doesn't. Its time to get the young guys on the field and see what they can do. We lost Tyler Grisham to Denver. I like him he was Ward/Welker like firery kid.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I am split on this meaning if he leaves i'm ok with it, and if he stays i'm ok with that to, Cotchery has to be resigned though IMO, Battle better be GONE he is worthless...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    What can Ward offer other than his name?
    That's pretty spot on.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is somewhat of a test for Tomlin and the Rooney's right now. Will they hang onto Ward just because he's such a popular veteran like they have in the past or will they make the tough call and release him. I mean if he wanted to come back for the league minimum then sure, bring him back as insurance. He won't do that though I don't think. He's going to want I would think at least 2 million to play and he'd get that elsewhere but the team most likely can't afford that.

Go play for another team Hines. We're gonna be a mediocre team this year anyways.....another stupid a$$ thread about Ward!

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 08:44 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Diehardsteel View Post
    That's pretty spot on.
    a classic dumb comment
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    a classic dumb comment
    Is this coming from the guy that I see complaining about anyone being somewhat critical or just telling the plain old truth about our players/coaches in tons of threads. You don't always have to be kissing players/coaches asses. I love Ward but his time is coming. If not this year then the next. I don't mind him restructuring. I just want to focus on the younger and future stars for us. Ward isn't the future. To tell the truth, I was kinda ticked off he got so much more play time than Cotchery last year. There's no excuse for that one in my mind.

I'll go along with you guys as far as Ward being at or near the end of his career, but damn, this man has worked his freakin' *** off for us from day one. If nothing else, bring him in as an assistant WR coach. His experience and knowledge of the game in a coaching capacity would put the new kids at the top of the ladder.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I've heard a lot of people say that the team should bring Ward back as an assistant coach. Most people close to the team say he wouldn't be ready to be a coach yet, he still thinks he can play a couple years yet. Most of the time when players retire they don't normally jump right into coaching, they take a couple years and do media work or other projects and then get in it. You need time to get in the right frame of mind from being a player to a regular person, adjust from the daily NFL grind to a more normal type of routine.

I think he would make a great coach at some point regardless of when he retires.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I think he would make a great coach at some point regardless of when he retires.
    No doubt about it! I would love that.

Thread Information