Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley could emerge as Steelers offensive coordinator candidate

Bookmark and Share

Todd Haley could emerge as Steelers offensive coordinator candidate

Jason La Canfora✔
    @JasonLaCanfora

Mike Tomlin has been making calls gathering info on Todd Haley. Could emerge as OC candidate with Steelers #insideslant

I like this so fn much I could dance like a sissy (Hines)!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Pittsburgh Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler agreed to a new contract with the team on Monday, one day before he was scheduled to interview with the Indianapolis Colts for their vacant defensive coordinator position, according to league sources.

Smith: Recent hires don't quite fit

There have been a flurry of new hires around the NFL. And while Jason Smith doesn't dislike any of them, he writes that some could have been matched better to their situations. More ...

Meanwhile, former Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley could emerge as a candidate for Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator position, league sources said.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has been making calls around the league and inquiring about Haley, who had been in talks with the Arizona Cardinals as well.

Haley has strong ties to the Pittsburgh area and the Rooney family. Pittsburgh is looking to replace Bruce Arians, who is joining the Colts.

Butler's contract had expired, although he had been in negotiations with the Steelers. He is highly respected and has long been viewed as the successor to LeBeau, who goes year-to-year on his contracts but is showing no signs of slowing down.

Im on board for Todd Haley

Fjsjxydksjchflcivifjsyvsucy DO IT.

The news of Todd Haley being considered for the the OC job is intriguing.

If we hire him I have only one request of Mr. Rooney...

NO "OLD STYLE" OFFENSE. We play in the 21st century NFL, not in leather helmets. Let Roethlisberger soar and bring the run game up to the passing games level...not bringing the pass game down in any way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm just not completely sold on Todd Haley. He completely lost that team in KC this year. Now granted he lost his starting QB and RB and had a rash of injuries but still. I'm not completely thumbs down but I'm not doing dances just yet.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I'm just not completely sold on Todd Haley. He completely lost that team in KC this year. Now granted he lost his starting QB and RB and had a rash of injuries but still. I'm not completely thumbs down but I'm not doing dances just yet.
    Big difference being an OC then HC...Look at Norv Turner......As for Haley even though he had a **** load of talent to work with in AZ he still was a damn good OC with the Cards.....He would have a **** load of talent to work with the Steelers...I would be more then thrilled with Todd Haley as OC and really I hope he is the next OC.....Him or Fitchner just name the damn OC already.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Big difference being an OC then HC...Look at Norv Turner......As for Haley even though he had a **** load of talent to work with in AZ he still was a damn good OC with the Cards.....He would have a **** load of talent to work with the Steelers...I would be more then thrilled with Todd Haley as OC and really I hope he is the next OC.....Him or Fitchner just name the damn OC already.....

I agree with this. Tomlin keeps the team in check and things in place and Haley calls the calls on offense. If we could score 30 plus points a game no one would be able to stop us! Our offense would go HAM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm for Haley being our OC, But imma tell yaw now Ben will want a trade watch what i tell ya, Ben said back when Cowher was coach that he does not do well when he is yelled at, and haley loves to yell at his QB's Haley said he is from the Bill Parcells tree and that's how he is, If and i hope we do hire Haley get ya ready...

Thread Information