Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley could emerge as Steelers offensive coordinator candidate

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I want Haley but he doesn't seem fit into what Mr. Rooney just mandated. Now.. I don't know if Haley was calling his plays based on his personnel in Arizona or not.
    But if that be the case then maybe he can adjust his play calling to the personnel we have in Pittsburgh.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I don't understand what people have against charismatic characters. This team lacked passion last season, aside from a few young players. If for nothing else, Haley would bring in some new energy to this offense. Some much needed energy might I add. While I'm no fan of either of the Harbaugh's, I do admire the passion which they show on the sideline, and I think the players love them for doing so. Haley would be the same type of coach. Plus he is a brilliant OC.
    I understand what you're saying but Harbaugh's a bad example. I only ever see him whining to the officials.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Haley is the right choice. He game plans well and actually adjusts to the talent he has on his team. He also adjusts in game.

Fitchner is the safe hire, Haley is the right hire.

If the Steelers are worried about coaches yelling at players, then fire every coach and
    let the players do whatever they want.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Hahahaha this is cool news since i live in AZ, being hear i tend to hear good things... but he is a doubt in my mind CAUSE DA STEELAHS PUT SOME FOOT IN THAT A$%

Good system, worked well with Kurt Warner and since he is from the "Parcells" coaching tree, he won't take any of Ben's crap - if there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I want Haley but he doesn't seem fit into what Mr. Rooney just mandated. Now.. I don't know if Haley was calling his plays based on his personnel in Arizona or not.
    But if that be the case then maybe he can adjust his play calling to the personnel we have in Pittsburgh.
    Haley adjusts well. In AZ, he adjusted to their personnel and had THREE 1,000 yard recievers, including Steve Breaston, who he made look like a very solid WR. When he went to KC, he turn JC into the leading rusher in the NFL.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 01:55 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post

If the Steelers are worried about coaches yelling at players, then fire every coach and
    This.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Mcdaniels is another example.

if haley is the hire, we have reason to rejoice
    K Train, What are your thoughts on Hue Jackson as an OC or QB coach? Fitchner can hold down the fort for Kirby at RB coach until he returns.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:09 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I don't understand what people have against charismatic characters. This team lacked passion last season, aside from a few young players. If for nothing else, Haley would bring in some new energy to this offense. Some much needed energy might I add. While I'm no fan of either of the Harbaugh's, I do admire the passion which they show on the sideline, and I think the players love them for doing so. Haley would be the same type of coach. Plus he is a brilliant OC.
    I agree

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:12 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Haley is the right choice. He game plans well and actually adjusts to the talent he has on his team. He also adjusts in game.

Fitchner is the safe hire, Haley is the right hire.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:16 PM ---

Art Rooney wants a solid running game so give him a heavy dose of Redman & Clay and have Baron Batch or draft pick Isaiah Pead or Chris Rane as 3rd down backs.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 03:17 PM ---

Mike Tomlin Interviewed Todd Haley Today.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Mike Tomlin Interviewed Todd Haley Today.
    Hire his *** Mike!

My Mood
    Addicted
    @jimwexell: Steelers Digest reporting that Tomlin interviewed Todd Haley at the facility today.

Fingers crossed

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Coach Mike Tomlin continued his search for an offensive coordinator when he interviewed Todd Haley today at the team’s practice facility.

The Steelers are looking for an offensive coordinator to replace Bruce Arians.

Haley, 45 on Feb. 28, most recently worked in the NFL as the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Hired there in 2009, Haley took the Chiefs to the AFC West title in 2010 but was fired 13 games into the 2011 season with Kansas City at 5-8.

Before being hired in Kansas City, Haley worked as an NFL assistant for four different teams over a 10-year span. He started as a wide receivers coach with the New York Jets in 1999; moved to Chicago to coach the Bears wide receivers in 2001; became the wide receivers coach/passing game coordinator in Dallas in 2004; and then was hired as Arizona’s offensive coordinator in 2007.

Haley is the son of Dick Haley, a Steelers defensive back from 1961-64 who went on to team with Art Rooney Jr. and Bill Nunn to head up the personnel department that built the four-time Super Bowl championship teams of the 1970s.

Thread Information