Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you consider trading Sanders for draft picks?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    No,keep him. Him and Brown are legit. I like Wallace too but if anyone
    is dealt to move up with picks etc... Wallace would go first IMO.

I would be against this, I like the group of WRs we have. I would trade Mendy first. Not that I want him gone either, but if someone HAD to be trade bait I wouldn't touch any of the WRs.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    No.

Because Cocther has maybe a year left and Ward is done.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    No,keep him. Him and Brown are legit. I like Wallace too but if anyone
    is dealt to move up with picks etc... Wallace would go first IMO.
    this.

but im not as convinced that wallace is as good as he's made out to be. he strikes me as the offense's version of Ike. good, but not great and likely never will be. i do however like brown quite a bit, he's clutch and WAY better on the shorter routes than wallace. trade wallace for a 1st if possible, move brown to #1 and keep sanders. maybe drop a 4th or 5th on another WR.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    this.

but im not as convinced that wallace is as good as he's made out to be. he strikes me as the offense's version of Ike. good, but not great and likely never will be. i do however like brown quite a bit, he's clutch and WAY better on the shorter routes than wallace. trade wallace for a 1st if possible, move brown to #1 and keep sanders. maybe drop a 4th or 5th on another WR.
    I've got them pegged as the opposite, lol. Wallace being a stud and Brown being a bit overrated.

Wallace is such a useful player to have because teams are basically forced to play a safety over the top to prevent him from burning them deep. That gives a ton of space to Brown, or Sanders, or whoever.

I think that having Wallace allows Brown to be as useful as he is. At the end of the day, I think Brown and Sanders are interchangeable, while Wallace's impact is irreplaceable.

My Mood
    Manic
    No we are high enough in the draft to get enough plus we will get some suppelemental picks

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
    I've got them pegged as the opposite, lol. Wallace being a stud and Brown being a bit overrated.

Wallace is such a useful player to have because teams are basically forced to play a safety over the top to prevent him from burning them deep. That gives a ton of space to Brown, or Sanders, or whoever.

I think that having Wallace allows Brown to be as useful as he is. At the end of the day, I think Brown and Sanders are interchangeable, while Wallace's impact is irreplaceable.
    meh, while i can understand and appreciate the reasoning i just cant manage to accept it. wallace is fast as hell ill give you, but he and Ike have about the same ball skills, relatively speaking of course. wallace just seems to drop too many that he gets his hands on and he seems to do it at the absolute worst times where if he were to catch them it would be a sure TD. sticks in my craw tbh. but ive been known to be wrong in the past and its really just a gut feeling on my part so who knows?

besides, the only WR's i really like in the nfl at the moment are megatron and andre johnson. ive never really been a big fan of "finessy"(yes i just made that up) receivers. i like them big and very physical. or at the very least, very physical like ward. basically very fast tight ends who are as likely to run you over as to look at you.

My Mood
    Fine
    I'm more for someone going after Mike Wallace and us getting another 1st rounder. Wallace has speed but he never goes up after the ball and snatches it at its highest point. In fact he tends to cower and drop to the ground to avoid contact.
    I would tender Wallace a 1st rounder only and if no one signs him I'd dangle him during the draft. Perhaps we can move up and get the guard from stanford.

--- Added 1/31/2012 at 02:34 PM ---

Just an Observation, New England became a better team when the got rid of Randy Moss and used their quick WR. Our best WR Brown is quick off the line and goes after the ball.

He is not going to give us a second rounder anyway. He would probably give a third right now, and I doubt we'd find anyone better in the third anyway. He has been injured a lot, and has lost playing time because of it. I would like to keep Sanders, Brown and Wallace and then find a fourth long-term WR through the draft at some point. Although both the 4th and th 5th receiver spot can be filled easily through FA. We don't really need studs at those positions.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I think Blitzburgh has a little to much time on his hands. LOL

This thread and the thread about Ben being afraid of losing his starting job?
    Really????

No one is going to give up a second round draft pick for a young receiver who
    hasn't produced much in numbers, and can't stay healthy. I like the kid too, but I'm
    overrating him right now like every other Steeler fan.

Brown is a legit perrenial Pro Bowler. Wallace is the best deep threat in football, questionable hands.

Cotchery is probably the second best WR on the roster.

Thread Information