Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's credibility and word take a huge hit...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Tomlin's credibility and word take a huge hit...

Tomlin's credibility is totally shot on this whole Arians situation now because he came out and issued the statement in which he said Bruce Arians informed me today he is retiring from football and decided this was the best decision for him at this point and time and blah blah blah. That statement Tomlin read was a complete and total lie and it really makes his credibility take a huge hit if you ask me from this day forward in terms of anything else he says or does. Like a few people said I know they wanted BA to go out with a little class instead of just saying they were going to fire him but if they knew at all that it was going to turn out to be anything like this they would have been better off saying that we just let Arians go and felt that a change was neccessary and we are going to go in another direction. The whole statement thing that Tomlin issued on Arians retiring as I said really makes him look bad and makes his credibility take a huge huge hit in my opinion...It didnt have to go down this way the Steelers should have handled it better then they did...

Draft Pick
    I am surprised myself he told such a blatent lie....though perhaps more happened behind the scenes ...as Tomlin wanted BA to stay..he had to know the truth would come out..maybe BA was told w/out tomlin being aware...of course that doesent make tomlin look any better

WHY??? It wasn't up to him, his boss(s) made this decision...

I'm not a big MT fan but he had nothing to do with this one! Why all the crying? We all wanted BA gone, cut, fired, killed, ran over, drowned, murdered, buried alive, kidnapped, sent packing.. So who cares now that BA was forced out?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I have to say the media is still running with this story. How the Steelers have had just an awful 2012 so far. It started with losing the Broncos and has literally gone downhill since. Between the Hampton, Pouncey, and Starks surgeries and now the coaching change screw up.

The sooner they can put a staff together and get past this the better.

Latrobe, I think it basically comes down the front office, seemingly undermining Tomlin by not renewing Arians deal after Tomlin said they were coming back. Granted MT did specify that things could change but he seemed to indicate getting his staff wasn't going to be an issue.

True I see your point but I think we all should know MT had noting to do with this decision, of course he wanted BA back but that was out of his control.

Maybe BA isn't the only one that was or is on the hot seat?

My Mood
    saints-hater
    The point is Tomlin knew he wasnt retiring and he shouldnt have come out and issued the statement that he did when he said Bruce Arians informed me today he has decided to retire from football. It was a total blatant lie and whether Rooney told Tomlin to issue this statement or whether he did it on his own it still doesnt make him look good and real credible going forward...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's no surprise either that Tomlin has stayed quiet, not saying a word since his last presser after the Denver loss. I find it odd that they didn't think this thru further before the whole retirement saga started. "We've decided to move in another direction and not renew Bruce Arians' contract. We thank him for his service, blah blah blah." Saying that would have saved them from all this controversy.

I applaud Rooney for making the decision here, it's his right too..just wish it would have been handled differently. It's unlike them to have this blow up in their face.

I still don't think though there is cause for major alarm, coaches come and go, it happens. Just put your staff together and let's move forward.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I am still not convinced this wasnt MT's decision. He said that he anticipated the coordinators coming back, but its football and things could change. He gave himself an out. Also, Tomlin didnt lie. BA wasnt getting his contract renewed and so he said, "I am retiring." Tomlin just quoted that.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    True I see your point but I think we all should know MT had noting to do with this decision, of course he wanted BA back but that was out of his control.

Maybe BA isn't the only one that was or is on the hot seat?
    ^ so who else are u suggesting may be on the Hot Seat??...MT? IDK about that, he has a pretty good resume...though I would love to have Cowher back, MT has done a pretty good job taking this team to 2 SB's and winning 12 games this yr with 7 starters missing and QB and Woodley at 50% and losing a close one in playoffs on road....

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    ^ so who else are u suggesting may be on the Hot Seat??...MT? IDK about that, he has a pretty good resume...though I would love to have Cowher back, MT has done a pretty good job taking this team to 2 SB's and winning 12 games this yr with 7 starters missing and QB and Woodley at 50% and losing a close one in playoffs on road....
    I'd say that the FO going over MT may of sent a message...

Thread Information