Thread: 2012 Steelers Pro Bowl Final Stats and Highlights

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

2012 Steelers Pro Bowl Final Stats and Highlights

Both Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown put on a highlight show during the 2012 Pro Bowl. Roethlisberger had 2 Touchdowns in the 1st quarter. Brown was in as a receiver, punt/kick returner, and defensive back even late in the game. Definitely one of the most entertaining Pro Bowls in a long time.

The following is a recap of the Steelers players highlights and stats from the game.

1st Half
    Ben started out on the first play with a first down completion to Mike Wallace. He also hit him again on that drive.

Jimmy Graham caught a pass from Arron Rodgers for a first down while James Harrison was in coverage.

Ben did throw an INT, picked off by the Packers Clay Matthews but after some razzle dazzle laterals the NFC fumbled it and it was a recovered for a first down by the AFC.

Ben hit Antonio Gates of the Chargers for a big first down on 2nd drive of the game.

Ben then threw a Touchdown on the same drive, hitting the Bengals AJ Greene for a 34 yd. TD.

Ryan Clark stripped Philadelphia's LeSean McCoy of the ball causing a fumble that was recovered by Champ Bailey for the AFC.

Ben hit Miami's Brandon Marshall on the 3rd drive of the 1st quarter for a TD, 74 yds.

Antonio Brown made a special teams tackle late in the first quarter.

Ben was done for the day after the first quarter. Finished with 6-11 182 yds. 2 TD's 1 Int.

Ryan Clark limped off the field after tackling the Staints jimmy graham late in the first half but returned a few plays later on an extra point try after a NFC touchdown.

Rivers tried to hit Mike Wallace for a 30yd. TD just before Halftime but he couldn't come down with it, covered tightly by Charles Tillman of the Bears.

Score at Halftime : AFC 28 - NFC 28

2nd Half.
    Carolina's Steve Smith beat Ryan Clark on a Touchdown pass early in the 3rd quarter from Cam Newton.

Clark was in the vicinity of an NFC fumble in the backfield but Carolina's Cam Newton was able to fall on it.

Antonio Brown returned a punt 23 yds., close to midfield in the 3rd quarter.

Clark broke up a pass intended for the Saints Jimmy Graham in the 4th quarter.

Brown returned a 4th quarter punt for 32 yds., nearly breaking it for a Touchdown.
    Clark made a ST tackle on the Cardinals Patrick Peterson.

Clark also in a tackle of Seattle's Marshawn Lynch late in the game.

Antonio Brown was playing some defensive back in the 4th quarter, actually picked off a Cam Newton pass but was out of bounds.

Brown was burnt for a Touchdown while covering the Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald late in the game, clearly just have a blast out there. Maybe showing Dick Lebeau that he can be put in as a DB in a pinch? Well let's not go quite that far just yet.

Steelers players tweets during the Pro Bowl:
    @AntonioBrown84: great game thus far it will come down to who got the ball last ! #cmelike #probowl@Wallace17_daKid: Having a great time out here with some awesome players!! Plus we get to tweet on top of that!!!! #Steelernation #Probowl

Final Steelers Players Stats:
    Ben Roethlisberger - 6-11 182 yds., 2 TD's, 1 Int.
    James Harrison - 3 Tackles
    Ryan Clark - 3 Tackles
    Mike Wallace: 2-34 yds.
    Antonio Brown - 2-15 yds. 1 ST Tackle, 1 Kickoff Return 29 yds., 4 Punt Returns 115 yds.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Hey maybe I missed something, but Troy was selected to the Pro Bowl and I did not see him, nor has anyone mentioned him on ESPN.. Did he play, or did he bow out??
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Troy bailed on the Pro Bowl so Ryan Clark could go and play. Clark actually tweeted about it a couple of hours before kickoff.

It was a really a pretty good game. Most of the first half was pretty boring, almost no pass rush whatsoever. It wasn't because the OL's were that good it's because literally the defense would just standup and maybe give a slight shove at best. Then in the 2nd half they started getting more into it.

From what i saw ,mainly second half, it was entertaining but not football...Why was Ben even playing in this game,I know there wasn't much contact but if he is injured why even do it?

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

AB was having a blast...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    From what i saw ,mainly second half, it was entertaining but not football...Why was Ben even playing in this game,I know there wasn't much contact but if he is injured why even do it?
    He said the ankle was feeling better and he was able to step into throws pretty good. He only played for one quarter. Give him another month or so to rest that ankle and he'll be good as new. Besides, I'm sure the nice warm weather out there in Hawaii felt pretty good on his aching body after the beating he took this season..LOL

Thread Information