Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keith Butler now headed to the Colts too... aka Pittsburgh North

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i'll admit, that thought crossed my mind. joepa was afraid of dieing if he stopped coaching.
    i wonder if Lebeau thinks the same way.

i also think this is a sign that we will be seeing a switch to the 4-3 in the next few years.
    We won't switch to the 4-3 why would we do that the 3-4 is a better defense

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    We won't switch to the 4-3 why would we do that the 3-4 is a better defense
    because tomlin is a 4-3 guy. lebeau will eventually retire, and if the heir apparent is with another team, it make sense.

not that i'm advocating it...just predicting...IF butler leaves for another team.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

because tomlin is a 4-3 guy. lebeau will eventually retire, and if the heir apparent is with another team, it make sense.

not that i'm advocating it...just predicting...IF butler leaves for another team.
    tomlin is a 43 guy based on what? minnesota running a 43?

if thats the case hes more of a WR guy since he played WR at w&m, he shouldnt be around a defense at all.

hes not a 43 guy, the steelers dont have close to the personnel to run a 43 and really hes been learning the ins and outs of a 34 for like 5 years now, may be time to shake that notion

Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    THIS, atleast we are slowly but surely getting rid of BC staff,Tomlin needs to bring in sum fresh new blood with simple schemes especially on defense so we can get our young talent on the field soonerI will however watch KB and c how he does in Indy if he takes the job.
    hmm.. read article

The Steelers continue attempts to retain Butler, but the Colts, who recently hired Chuck Pagano to be their head coach, are very interested.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    tomlin is a 43 guy based on what? minnesota running a 43?

if thats the case hes more of a WR guy since he played WR at w&m, he shouldnt be around a defense at all.

hes not a 43 guy, the steelers dont have close to the personnel to run a 43 and really hes been learning the ins and outs of a 34 for like 5 years now, may be time to shake that notion

you noticed i did say in the next few years right? i didn't say anything about it happening immediately. i'm just saying, it COULD happen. anything is possible. why is my statement such a big deal? didn't the steelers run a 4-3 along time ago? wasn't switching to a 3-4 bizarre? things change...who cares...as long as they have the personnel to run whatever system they put out there.

and many people who played offense in college go on to be defensive coaches and vice versa...it happens all the time.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

you noticed i did say in the next few years right? i didn't say anything about it happening immediately. i'm just saying, it COULD happen. anything is possible. why is my statement such a big deal? didn't the steelers run a 4-3 along time ago? wasn't switching to a 3-4 bizarre? things change...who cares...as long as they have the personnel to run whatever system they put out there.

and many people who played offense in college go on to be defensive coaches and vice versa...it happens all the time.
    i was kidding about him being a WR....but the 43 is a very college defense, its JV in the NFL unless you have legit franchise cornerstones at DE and DT.

cant see them switching to a 43 anytime soon, they have too much invested in the current personnel

As we all know Tomlin hates change, this BA, KB thing prolly has him on edge as it is, I doubt we'll see this kind of change anytime soon..

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    It's not the end of the world plus they aren't set up to run 3-4 but it is kinda ironic that they hire the ravens dc as there hc and he picks all steelers to be his coaches thats a ringing endorsment of the ratbirds

i bet you he doesn't go
    He shoots he scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! told you he wouldn't leave if he was leaving he would have taken the Miami job . this is an indicater that LeBeau is closer the hanging it up than we think

Thread Information