Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Ben for Andrew Luck?

Bookmark and Share
    Im not the biggest Ben fan, I wouldnt trade him for Luck. Ben will be lucky to play another 5 seasons though.

No, I won't trade Ben for Luck. Luck sucks just like the stupid *** Penguins doctors...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

This is such a stupid post.

You can't teach the way Ben plays Football. He has an uncanny ability to avoid pressure and make plays down field. I don't care if Ben is mad about Arian's or not, although I think the Media is taking Ben's reaction out of context.

A Franchise QB who won two Super Bpwls will not be traded away.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id think long and hard about it...not a dumb question at all, ben is over 30 now and takes a beating and realisitically might not make it THAT much longer.

luck is the best QB prospect since manning....id be shocked if he flopped. it seems like it could be a real investment of a move for the future of the team

BUT it wont happen. mostly because that pick is going to warrant an unheard of amount of compensation...like 3 first rounders, a second rounder, and a probowl cornerstone type player....
    Thanks K Train....
    What is this report that Keith Butler is going to be The Colts DC? If so I'm Pissed! They The Steelers needed to hire him as DC ad RETIRE LeBeau.

Waterboy
    I can see Ben wanting to go with BA to the Colts. Let him go and get the number 1 pick (Luck or RGIII) and also pick up Manning to be a mentor. Starting Payton with our WR's and we would be deadly in the red zone. The quick release of Manning now free's up our offensive line to where they could run the ball better.

Also remember Ben has had multiple off fields issues the the Steeler's don't like. Granted he's done good for a year, but did he just stick his foot in his mouth be saying he wants to talk to Rooney about the coaching decisions. Now I like Ben, Could be his ego getting big again after a good year.

We'll see how the plays out.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Thanks K Train....
    What is this report that Keith Butler is going to be The Colts DC? If so I'm Pissed! They The Steelers needed to hire him as DC ad RETIRE LeBeau.
    It's not official yet, he's going to interview with them early this coming week. It's very likely though that he'll be gone at this point.

Could you imagine if the Rooney's actually did trade Ben away in favor of getting teh #1 spot in the draft to take Luck or RGIII? The controversy now with Arians and Ben would be escalated to epic levels..LOL

My Mood
    Devilish
    if this were madden i would say hell yes. i would also trade harrison for von miller, big snack and a 2nd or 3rd for suh, and kiesel or smith and a 1st for aldon. then i would trade ike for peterson, and next years 2nd and 3rd for amukamara saving the 1st for an LE in the draft.

then i would suck for a year or two, and in the process draft 2 safties, and 2 linebackers whilst trading mendenhall and/or wallace for a decent downhill RB and pick up a good fullback since their kind of a dime a dozen. maybe repurpose a big tight end.

but its not.
    Last edited by Deviouz1; 01-29-2012 at 07:49 PM.

i know hes unproven but i dont think you are realizing how good luck is and how valuable that pick would be...ben is still good but hes not gonna be manning or farve, hes gonna limp to the end of his career, this would be ballsy but not irrational as far as building your team

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i know hes unproven but i dont think you are realizing how good luck is and how valuable that pick would be...ben is still good but hes not gonna be manning or farve, hes gonna limp to the end of his career, this would be ballsy but not irrational as far as building your team
    There's a difference between "ballsy" and "stupid."
    Last edited by steelers75; 01-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    No way Jose'

--- Added 1/29/2012 at 08:52 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's not official yet, he's going to interview with them early this coming week. It's very likely though that he'll be gone at this point.

Could you imagine if the Rooney's actually did trade Ben away in favor of getting teh #1 spot in the draft to take Luck or RGIII? The controversy now with Arians and Ben would be escalated to epic levels..LOL
    Just what I would need to go puke my guts out over.

And their fans.

Thread Information