Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Ben for Andrew Luck?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    I don't think you realize how dumb you sound asking this disgrace of a question
    Its not a stupid question its a question based on the fact that Bruce didnt retire,Bens pissed and said he's going to talk to Art II. And to answer the question%s this what the pff season has come to? Yes we got Tebowed! Welcome to the offseason.

--- Added 1/28/2012 at 06:14 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Not even close to happening in my opinion, although I'm sure Arians would love it, LOL. The Steelers aren't going to get rid of Ben in favor of drafting Andrew Luck. Their opportunity for another Super Bowl is now and they have a ton of talent all over the roster. If you start off with a rookie QB again you're setting yourself back atleast a couple of years before you can count on making another run.

Even with guys like Cam Newton having such a good year, you can't ever count on rookie playing that well so early in his career.
    Thanks for giving excellent feedback. As always you insight & knowledge is apprwciated.

--- Added 1/28/2012 at 07:27 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers/PSU Fan View Post
    They would never trade Ben for an unknown QB like Luck....yeah everybody is hyping him up, but the NFL is alot different then college, you never know how he will do. Ben is in his prime and is a pretty good QB, not elite, but good.
    Great POint.Thanks

--- Added 1/28/2012 at 07:30 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    /sigh. Is this what we have come to? Is this what it's going to be all off-season?
    Yes.lol Until we hear something from The Steelers but then again they told us Bruce retired and he's now the OC of The Colts. Relax, I'm just asking for peoples thoughts and opinions. It's not that far fetched that if Ben storms into Art Rooney II office and explodes that Art II wouldn't put him in his place. How many people though the Steelers would trade Santonio Holmes for a 5th rounder( I did because he was a idiot)?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If it were fantasy football then Luck would be a great choice potentially...LOL. Damn Ben for never giving us fantasy points!

Just for the sake of conversation though if Ben were a free agent you better believe Arians would be pushing hard to get him if he went to a team that needed a QB.

I would give away ben, hampton, farrior, hines, mcfadden, johnson for Aaron Rogers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If it were fantasy football then Luck would be a great choice potentially...LOL. Damn Ben for never giving us fantasy points!

Just for the sake of conversation though if Ben were a free agent you better believe Arians would be pushing hard to get him if he went to a team that needed a QB.
    I agree Arians would want him if he was a Free agent.

It was rumored that Caldwell had breakfast with Tomlin. I think Randy Fichtner will be OC and Caldwell will be QB coach as well as the former WVU Head coach will be on Staff possibly as RB Coach/Running game coordinator.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Please close this thread. It's ridiculous to say the least.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I know its hypothetical Jollyrob but no, I don't think if I were in the front office's shoes I would trade a proven pro bowler for an up and comer with a ton of potential. Its a helluva gamble for your fan base and I would ride with the horse that brought ya.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Food for thought. In Ben's rookie season (2004) the Steelers scored 23 ppg. In his 8th season (2011) Steelers averaged 20 ppg.

Furthermore, in 2011, two rookie QBs led higher scoring offenses than did Roethlisberger. Cam Newton's Panthers scored 25 ppg!

So I doubt Colts would take a Big Ben trade for Luck, even if it included the Steeler's 1rst round pick.
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    I think its an unrealistic question, but not so stupid...I would consider it...as it may very well turn out to be a franchise QB for another 15 years...anyone remember 1984-2004....but Ben is in his prime and has Never really had an injury that his body wont recover..it's the ACL stuff thats bad...breaks and things heal fine..Im not worried about him having a short career like many

We are somewhat rebuilding with the D..but this Offense should be on fire with a healthy O line and a rookie QB could spell disaster

id think long and hard about it...not a dumb question at all, ben is over 30 now and takes a beating and realisitically might not make it THAT much longer.

luck is the best QB prospect since manning....id be shocked if he flopped. it seems like it could be a real investment of a move for the future of the team

BUT it wont happen. mostly because that pick is going to warrant an unheard of amount of compensation...like 3 first rounders, a second rounder, and a probowl cornerstone type player....

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    lol no doubt. Hey guys this isn't fantasy football lol
    Amen!

Thread Information