Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arians departure may have colateral damage

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

Arians departure may have colateral damage

Ben Roethlisberger doesn't like that Bruce Arians isn't the Steelers OC anymore.Because of this fact and Ben's nature i can't help but think it may effect his play .Resentment is a powerful emotion and he resents the Rooneys for ditching BA .I hope he can get over it cause if he can't ben may finish his career in Arizona
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 01-27-2012 at 03:43 AM.

How do you know that Ben is unhappy about BA departure?
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    How do you know that Ben is unhappy about BA departure?
    Completely overblown by the media because the media doesn't like him. He tries to say the right things, but it's twisted to make him look bad. If he were to say, "yes, I'll be happy to work with whoever the new offensive coordinator is." The media would write that he didn't like Arians and he's the reason Arians was fired.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I seriously doubt Ben is going to do anything to hurt his career as well as the Steelers. He knows this is a business, everybody has to accept the parting of ways with BA and move on to bigger and better things.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Manic
    I'M not part of the media and i saw the interview he did from the pro- bowl and he didn't look happy when talking about how he put so much work into tweeking the offense.I quote "now i might have to start all over".Does that sound like he's happy so take it how ever you want.It is just my perspective .I would love nothing more than for Ben to succeed and get his 5 rings like he talks about so i hope the new OC and him form a good bond.

My Mood
    Addicted
    ben will get over it the next time he goes to the bank to cash his check.

he might be upset now that his BFF was let go, but he is a football player and a champion. as soon as he realizes that his new offense will be better and more potent, he'll be saying, bruce who?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Don't know what the hell was "Tweaked" but it sure as hell didn't work!!

Veteran
    It's rediculous to think that this will in any way, shape or form affect Ben's play. He's a professional and he'll do what needs to be done.

The potential impact is an improvement in the way he plays, by having a better offensive game plan with more balance and less predictibility.

My Mood
    Fine
    With Ben & Arians. IF BEn didn't like a play Arians called he'd tell him and Arians wouldn't call it again. Ben needs a reality check and ArtII is going to give it to him. How many times does he have to hold the ball & take a sack pushing the team out of field goal range? Time to step up with the big boys and limit the sandlot ball.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I really don't see any type of crazy resentment going on to the point that it ruins Ben's career. He's a little salty right now, it's not the end of the world. Anytime you lose a coach you've worked with for years and are comfortable it's not easy. He'll have all offseason to work with the new OC, and get to know whoever it is (if it's not Fichtner).

If you read the comments he said vs listening to the audio you can hear that he's not talking with a cocky attitude or discrediting anyone. He's being honest. I don't agree with saying it to the media really but it's not the end of the world.

Thread Information